Hamilton to McLaren 2015

Easy mistake to make! (confusing Massa and Perez I mean ...not taking someone out)

But Back to the thread...

Hamilton just needs to concentrate on this years title and let next year look after itself.... By the end of 2015 his contract is up but he'll have had plenty of time to see how Honda has shaped up and to see how well (or badly) Seb has done in a Ferrari. Also the first Red Bull without Adrian will have raced and put all of that info on the table and he can make a much better judgement where to go (and hopefully by then he'll be a 3 time WDC with two WDC in a row!)

But Lewis will be 31 and knocking on the door of 32 by then and there are a lot of people who advocate that a driver is over the hill at that age and should start thinking about hanging up his boots

Mephistopheles - There are two sides to that one and whilst the decision stands, and we have to respect it, there are many that feel it was a bad decision. I'm in that camp. I don't think it's rewriting history to not subscribe to an enforced opinion. As Tuscan1969 says, though, there's no need to get stuck on that one.

On the second point, a racers shelf life is determined by his/her performance, not by the number of candles on thier cake. We'll have to wait and see how his longevity stands. Button is still putting in class performances and appears to be every bit his best.

Last edited:
Honda 's power unit should be very good with access to Merc data but they did have a very good KERS back in 2009 before they binned the F1 project

As for Hamilton to MClaren - he does not seem to be bothered by the speculation and seems more happy at Merc especially with less sponsorship duties and being able to keep his winning trophies as well

Well Mephistopheles whether any driver is good or great they all have to stop at some time. But if you are in the best car at the time it clearly may give you another year or two at the top of the tree... I am sure the same thinking is going on in Alonso and Button's minds at the moment and will be in Lewis's mind at some point too...

Only reason for Hamilton to go back to Mclaren is emulate his hero Senna in winning in a Mclaren Honda but that might be towards the end of his career not at his peak right now

Back
Top Bottom