Hall of fame

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
As many of you know, Galahad's (previously known as GordonMurray) overtaking figures for China were read out on BBC 5 Live during a practice session.

As a result of that we ended up with 2 new members; Michele Merlino of Autosport, and Brian W Lawrence who is well known for his F1 data and statistics.

We even had Brian Moore, ex-rugby player and Daily Telegraph columnist register to respond to some comments made about a piece he wrote concerning how much input a driver has in a modern F1 car.

In the last few weeks, the reference overtaking thread has gone viral and the site has had tens of 1000's of hits after being linked to on numerous sites.

Whilst checking the logs, I happened to notice the following visitor to the site today :D
(I have removed any contact details for reasons of privacy.)

renault_f1.png

Is someone winding you up, is there still a "Red Bull Sauber Petronas" adress, you'd have thought it'd have changed since 2005, or whenever they lost the Red Bull sponsorship!

After hearing Ant & Crofty read out the overtaking data several times during the F1 practice sessions, it was finally nice to get some recognition.

Although they didn't mention the site on air, they did at least re-tweet (http://twitter.com/5LiveF1) my tweet (http://twitter.com/ClipTheApex) mentioning them :s
Thanks mainly to Enja giving them some stick for not doing so originally.

Enja: @5LiveF1 could you give Clip The Apex a mention if your website is going to use it's statistics and information? Cheers.

5LiveF1: @enjard We don't use cliptheapex, our stats are put together by the FIA and by an various media guides

5LiveF1: RT @ClipTheApex: #F1 Overtaking figures for Silverstone as mentioned by Crofty @5liveF1 here http://bit.ly/QIY3S

5LiveF1: @enjard oh ok, maybe the stats people get them from cliptheapex?

I feel I should also point out that as a result of blocking the Statistics forum to guests, it's quite possible that we do in fact now have some registered members who work for F1 teams, and most likely from other organisations too.

So be careful when you're criticising teams and drivers, not to mention Bernie, you never know who you might be communicating with... :D

Brogan said:
So be careful when you're criticising teams and drivers, not to mention Bernie, you never know who you might be communicating with... :D

fat_jez is Mr. E. You have my word on this.

p.s bernie smells of mouldy crumpets

Enja said:
Brogan said:

fat_jez is Mr. E. You have my word on this.

p.s bernie smells of mouldy crumpets

Of course, that's why I picked the forum name Fat Jez instead of short arse LOL

Haha, LOL

Seriously though, on topic, keep pushing every race weekend, and I'm sure a live shout out from Crofty is not too far away!

Don't suppose the username "Sauber" is.. actually Sauber Motorsport?

Brogan?

might be being a bit optimistic here!

Sorry Enja but I can't give out details of any member.

Apart from the breach of privacy I'm fairly sure I'd get into trouble for it too.

Well that's just a screenshot of an IP lookup so there's no association with a current member or even with the IP address it was associated with.

All you can see is the address of the Renault F1 team which is freely available in the public domain.

Anyone can do a IP lookup on any IP address - there is no restriction: WHOIS Lookup

Thanks to a Tweet sent during FP2 for the German GP, we had a mention on air by David Croft on 5 Live/online.

Him, Ant and Karun had been discussing overtaking so I Tweeted the following:
"#F1 @5LiveF1 @CroftyF1 321 overtaking manoeuvres so far this season (excluding first laps). 2009 had 244, 2008 had 260, 2007 had 270"
http://twitter.com/ClipTheApex/status/19334435287

Mark it in your diaries: 23 July 2010, 13:20 :D

Bullfrog said:
Was this on the radio broadcast or on the actual FP2 red button thingy?
Well I heard it during the online streaming broadcast but I think the commentary is also on radio 5 Live simultaneously?

Back
Top Bottom