Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
I think Sauber are in serious trouble financially and I can' t see how long they can survive propping up the back and Haas will get close Ferrari help so they certainly will not be at the back

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. As an American, Id like to see them do well but theres been a lot of other rich men who have tried to crack F1 and most of them have ended up looking like massive idiots. We'll see.

They seem to be in far better fettle than Toyota were when they joined in. They have gone in with as much hardware from other teams as possible, they have hired F1 people and I, for one, hope that they make a go of it.

I think they'll have the speed to be in midfield (albeit towards the back). I'm predicting reliability to be a HUGE issue for Haas this season. I'm basing this off of next to nothing so please don't quote me when they pull a Max Chilton and finish every race but in last place.

They seem to be in far better fettle than Toyota were when they joined in. They have gone in with as much hardware from other teams as possible, they have hired F1 people and I, for one, hope that they make a go of it.

I think the idea with this team was to take it 'easy' as they know it takes time to establish a team in F1. So from what I've read they are here to stay and that's great for F1.

It will be very interesting to see what they can do when they have found their feet, and start producing their own car from scratch, in a couple of seasons time. Who knows they may overtake Maclaren.

It will be very interesting to see what they can do when they have found their feet, and start producing their own car from scratch, in a couple of seasons time. Who knows they may overtake Maclaren.
They might and probably will overtake McLaren this season already ;)

Haas have announced they've signed Santino Ferrucci as their 3rd driver. Straight out of Woodbury, Connecticut, USA it certainly looks like he is their investment for a future American race driver.

He came highly rated and was associated with Mclaren for a while but his F3 season last year had a mix of brilliant overtaking and pure blind idiocy that course accidents. He's in GP3 this year but will be interesting to see if he gets track time.

Last edited:
What do we think, will Haas be happy with that debut? I rather got the impression they were expecting midfield. last baring the Manors isn't so good.

I think they were victims of the new qualifying format. Both drivers second laps looked much better, they just didn't have time to complete them.

Or go back in and tweak the cars. They have spent a year playing the F1 game as it has been for a while now. But FIA in their wisdom, just pulled the rug out from under everyone. Bad enough for established teams, total mayhem for newbies.
FIA are a pile of hot crap.

Fantastic result for Haas in their first Grand Prix. Really pleased for them. Great job.

Also well done to them for putting up with, and handling with dignity, the bell end that is Ted Kravitz who came over to them and started his interview by doing a cringe worthy stereotypical 'yeehar' (are they even Texan) before chasing their bemused strategist down the pitlane saying 'you lucked into this result didn't you?'. What a kumquat.

Last edited:
For all the recent negativity in F1 it made a change to have a positive story with Haas winning points in there debut race. Hopefully over the coarse of the season they get more point scoring results.

Im delighted for Haas taking 6th its on debut which is amazing feat 1st team from scratch to get pts since 6th in 2002. & actually believe that its hugely important for F1 in the future to help us attract new teams in sport because we couldn't have another situation with last 3 new teams from scratch that took 4yrs & combined 224 gps to get 1st pts. 6yrs 2 liquidations (nearly 3) & finally surviving member of 3 have are finally competitive

I'll admit it - I was way wrong about Haas. Their tiny budget, low number of personnel and Ferrari using them as guinea pigs to get around the wind tunnel restrictions meant I expected Haas to be rooted firmly at the back with Manor. I went as far as to predict that neither team would score points this season, which in hindsight looks rather silly of me.

Fair play. Finishing 6th on your debut is good which ever era of the sport you look at. If Haas can finish consistently and continue to develop the carat the same pace as those around them then they should be right among the points at most races on that showing.

Back
Top Bottom