Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
I am An American, and I love Motorsport. The owner Gene Haas, is a familar face to me, since I have seen his NASCAR team grow from a small One car team with him sponsoring it with nothing else, and a Development Team for Hendrick Motorsports, into one of the Best Teams in NASCAR with a partnership with Tony Stewart as co-owner winning 2 championships in the last 5 years, and being one of the most marketable teams, with sponsors such as Anheuser Busch, Monster Energy, Mobil 1, Bass Pro Shops, Jimmy John's, Outback Steakhouse, and of course, Haas Automation. I think that with Gene's Optimism and His drive to succeed, You will see him around for a long time, and one day, see him with a Constructors Title, because he knows what to do with a race team. Romain Grosjean will carry the team this year and deliver more points than any other Debut Team in F1 history.

I love your optimism Andrew W. Haas probably won't beat Brawn but i think they will do fine. More importantly they are showing other potential teams how it is done in 2016. Haas is probably the 2nd favourite team of all CTA members if not the favourite.

Ha ha! My current order of favourites, but please note, this does not mean I'm a lover or hater:
Williams
McLaren
Manor
Haas
Renault
Ferrari
Mercedes
Force India
Toro Rosso
Sauber
Red Bull

I know it's the wrong thread.

I am An American, and I love Motorsport. The owner Gene Haas, is a familar face to me, since I have seen his NASCAR team grow from a small One car team with him sponsoring it with nothing else, and a Development Team for Hendrick Motorsports, into one of the Best Teams in NASCAR with a partnership with Tony Stewart as co-owner winning 2 championships in the last 5 years, and being one of the most marketable teams, with sponsors such as Anheuser Busch, Monster Energy, Mobil 1, Bass Pro Shops, Jimmy John's, Outback Steakhouse, and of course, Haas Automation. I think that with Gene's Optimism and His drive to succeed, You will see him around for a long time, and one day, see him with a Constructors Title, because he knows what to do with a race team. Romain Grosjean will carry the team this year and deliver more points than any other Debut Team in F1 history.

I was delighted for haas everyone had there best wishes because after all the crap with financial problems, idiot owners & clueless rule makers it was nice to finally have positive story to come of f1. F1 needs a successful haas as much as haas needs f1

I know it caused controversy with haas taking as many stock parts as they can but im on haas side because as brundle touched upon during grosjean drive ip the field what would we rather have 2010 dejavu where Manor Caterham HRT come in 2 of them are bankrupt after few yrs & other 1 that clung to life by skin of its teeth took 6 yrs to be competitive Or Haas that upto speed immediately & in 2 races has scored 9x more pts than other 3 teams 200+ gps put together

Remarkable stuff so far. It's pretty shocking to see them battling near the front, but as noted above, F1 certainly didn't need another team to go pointless for years.

Nico Hulkenberg must be sitting somewhere:please: because he was one of the preferred drivers Haas originally wanted but for some reason he did not accept it

Think it had something to do with the ERS. Ferrari are very touchy about telling the media about engine issues.

I think Haas are proving a good advert for customer cars given their early season competitiveness and how much the fans seem to like them so far (in part due to the fact that they're already competitive).

Last edited:
One of their current race drivers should have the talent and experiance to give them the feedback required to bring the car on. It would have cost some money, but I don't think Haas are that short of money. Alonso would have had as much fun in a Haas as he is in a McLaren, ( just an example ) Only an experienced, intelligent, talented and current F1 driver can really give a team the feedback that they need.

Back
Top Bottom