Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
as i put on different thread i expected Mazepin to be last.but that was 1 of worst debuts ive seen, but he is a decent driver, we arent talking about Sean gelael, 2nd in F3, 5th in F2 beating highly rated Zhou. th

F1Brits_90, I take issue with you suggestion that he's a decent driver. His junior record is awful - Nikita Mazepin - Wikipedia

I've been very critical of Lance Stroll for being a spoiled rich kid but he did win 3 junior titles.
as is well known on here i watch F1 & F2 on a weekend. yes his junior formula is poor & he came through F3 in 1 of its weaker years. but last year he was decent in F2 some very good drives & they some very good drivers as well Schumacher, Shwartzmann, Zhou, Ilott, Tsunoda, lungaard. by no means is he is the worst as he isnt at the depths of ragnatuhan, geleal, nissany or the new 1 deledda

whereas i expected him to be 2nd driver at haas, i thought he would be more like latifi

This is basically how everyone feels about him
626DF35F-9E98-48E4-ACA4-4ADFC2C31EEE.jpeg

He got a grid penalty for blocking really!🙄 He is last anyway

I wonder when it kicks off at Monaco just how bad he is!

Last edited:
seems its true, paternal love is blind :D

i love the idea that he offered some money for the chassis exchange between the two drivers, because it was definitely chassis & gulf in talent considering last yr 1 won F2 & other came 5th

Dmitry Mazepin is unhappy with Steiner’s treatment of his son
As reported by F1 Insider (via Formula Passion), Dmitry is upset with the management of his son by the Haas F1 team. He is also not happy with Team Principal, Guenther Steiner, as Haas have given Nikita a different chassis than his teammate Schumacher for the season.

Mazepin the father would have offered some money for the chassis exchange between the two drivers, getting Steiner’s refusal.

“And Dmitry Mazepin would have been annoyed, claiming greater influence within the team,”
said the German newspaper F1 insider. (Quotes translated by Google Translate)

It is also reported that Dmitry Mazepin is looking to replace Gunther Steiner as team principal. Mazepin did not like when Guenther recently commented, “It is possible that one of our drivers has the fans and the other the money.”

Last edited:
The car is a heap of junk.

It's supposed to be an American crack at F1 and once again it shows that no one in America really gives a flying poop about F1.

Mazepin wouldn't be anywhere near a drive if he wasn't bankrolled.

Haas will be bought out by someone else in the next couple of years who has too much money and not enough sense and the whole saga will continue under a different name but with pretty much the same results.

The end

This season is a write off for Haas they are gambling on next season

Mazepin does not deserve his seat Illott would do a better job

Id very much doubt Gene Haas would be dumb enough to dismiss Steiner ..unless he sell his team to Mazepin

Last edited:
i worry about this team as we all know that Mazepin "saved" the money & without him it would be an 18 car grid. but i wonder that this is extraordinary thing to do but it is extraordinary situation. i was hearing that to do the right thing & continue, would mean they need find £100m, could the other 9 teams give Haas £5m each to try + with likely pietro fittipladi money & tide Haas over for the season.

in the same way, how the paddock banded around Brawn GP to help them start the season

IN principle, the TV money alone for the F1 teams should be approximately enough to run for a season (although it may not be enough to run competitively).

Maybe, they can sign a contract with Rokit for new sponsorship?

I suppose there is a risk that the sanctions put on the Russian banking system could have stopped the Uralkali money being paid to Haas. I would think it not unreasonable that either Liberty media could cough up a bit more, or the other teams take a smaller part of the TV revenue, to ensure Haas can take part.

Without the Russian Petro-Ruble, that car looks utterly devoid of sponsorship. (A little like McLaren looked in the mid 2010s). That being said, McLaren are also looking a little bare this season on the airbox.

Back
Top Bottom