Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
& from many sources on the internet appartantly there is alot of people under consideration & going for that seat. 2 expected Fittipaldi & Giovinatazi, then Magnussen, Daruvula, Piastri are also possible

Part of me is glad that this stops an F1 team going to the wall for something that is no fault of their own.

The other part of me is not too happy that a driver who has had his chance is back, blocking a seat for a young driver who deserved to be given one.

KMag is only 28 years old with a lot if experience. I wonder what happens if he thrashes Schumacher?

Was not expecting this

I am glad it is not Fittipaldi but surprised Giovinazzi was not shoe horned in given the Ferrari connection

Well I never saw that coming. On the plus side we will now have a clear measure of how good the young Schumacher is.
whereas i agree with cider_and_toast i wanted in a perfect world where the teams future isnt at stake. a driver that deserves a chance like oscar piasri

but if the Haas is as completive in 2022 as it was 2021, its great to have a proven entity in that car to see how good Schumacher is in the same way we had kubica v Russell in 2019

just watching drive to survive & this comment aged well
20220404_100243.gif

that episode i didnt think you could hate mazepin & his father any more. but horrible 🔔 beyond delusional & paranoid to a point where they are certain that Schumacher is getting prefenional treatment & he's been given worse car deliberately. in a way Putin done F1 a huge favour

gunther steiner has either resigned, fired or left by mutual consent, but either way this is huge news Steiner is a big character in the paddock, drive to survive will be disappointed, but you could argue that Gunther gave Haas the bigger profile through his character on netflix & was the 3rd longest serving Team principal with only horner & wolff longer than him. & Grosjean's ex mechanic has now stepped up & filled the role

i still find it weird because he was only interviewed & was shown around christmas, talking about 2024 & you can only assume it must have been some bust up because as i posted on boxing day he wasnt pleased with haas perfromance

Last edited:
As I'm not part of the Netflix crowd that side of it means absolutely nothing to me however, in the mini league between Williams, Haas, Sauber and Alpha Tauri they were by far the most toilet of the four. Someone had to carry the can.

As always, America seems totally indifferent to "their team" and its highly unlikely that this coming season will be any different.

i wonder if this is how andretti come in, because gene haas not really cared about this team, guenther steiner said on netflix he couldnt keep Magnussen or Grosjean in 2021, because Gene had almost washed his hands & that he needed pay drivers to pay the bills because he wasnt footing the bill anymore, then he sold it all but name to mazepin family until putin invaded ukraine

for his good or bad, Haas have a bigger profile on that grid bigger than alpine. aston martin, alfa romeo sauber stake F1 team, because of him & without him that publicity will go. although id agree with brundle there must have been some argument & its not ended on good terms with his quote on development that i put on boxing day, where it sounded like he was very critical of his aerodynamicists for not being able to find any gains, & wasted alot of money

Last edited:
listening to craig slater it does seem to me, that this might have been guenther steiner decision more than gene haas decision even though it was officially announced as haas not renewing his contract.

i thought boxing day was a rant at aerodynamicsts. but i think it was more at the owner because according to craig slater. their were divergent views, guenther wanted significant investment in the factory, which am i right that manor racing didnt build that banbury factory in 2008 it was already there & then Haas bought it when manor/virgin/marussia when bust. he was told 2 weeks ago

i can understand that he would be frustrated, if he getting stick from media & maybe even the gene haas himself. for finishing last in the constructors & rarely battling for points. but he doesnt get the investment to move up the grid

Last edited:

Gene Haas says he fired Steiner for lack of performance. Haas thinks that with the full set of listed Ferrari parts, they should be doing better, and he thinks their weakness is aero. He blames Steiner for lack of progress on Aero or failing to build a good Aero team.

Back
Top Bottom