• Max Verstappen

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F1Brits_90

World Champion
with Greenlantern101 permission. after 2011 & 2014 edition. im taking the baton on. with a new batch of youngsters & poteinal talent. i am going to add kyvat in this with the other 3 red bull drivers because he is surprisingly still 25

who do we see as Future World Champions

Verstappen, Norris and LeClerc. As there have only been 6 world champions in the last 20 years I think 3 is ambitious.

Verstappen, Norris and LeClerc. As there have only been 6 world champions in the last 20 years I think 3 is ambitious.

if I was going to answer who is the next british world champion, after lewis which is a supplementary question i would have to lean towards the russell over norris as i think he more talented & was very impressive in F2

Norris is the better driver and is in a better position to get to the top. Norris had a very lackluster year in GP2 probably brought on by the fact he knew he was going to be in F1 very early on in the year.

Dan should be on the list. I do have my doubts now though that he might never get one. I've a feeling he is never going to get the right car now.
I hope I'm wrong.

I am not sure why Ricciardo is not on this list?

a few reasons. 1 i had set a limit of 25 & under as i was thinking about adding any none world champion but i thought this was about potential. wondering if a guy like Ricardo who will be nearly 31 when we kick off in 2020, right to be on this list

also i think that he has missed the boat as much as i love him but i might be wrong

Poor Estaban Ocon is not even on the list

now that is my mistake I was certain I had included him, to point I had to double check. but I think in reorganising them in alphabetical order, ive somehow deleted him :clip:

can 1 of the mods add him to poll

Last edited:
To me Verstappen and Leclerc will be leading the future generation

as for the rest

Albon - Still too raw - He has a bit of Mansell about him which also means inconsistency as well
Bottas - He will have to become V3 - I do not see it happening
Gasly - Not a chance from his failure at Red Bull - following the path of Kyvat
Kyvat - He is being badly treated by Red Bull
Norris, Russell, Sainz - they all need a better car for their deserved talent to be WC
Schumacher - He does not have his Dad's ruthlessness and the pressure of the name and expectancy might get to him
Schwartzmann - too early to comment
Stroll - Give me a break:o
De Vries - Does not look like he will get into F1 soon

a few reasons. 1 i had set a limit of 25 & under as i was thinking about adding any none world champion but i thought this was about potential. wondering if a guy like Ricardo who will be nearly 31 when we kick off in 2020, right to be on this list

also i think that he has missed the boat as much as i love him but i might be wrong

Well, his is going to be around for a few more years, clearly is the team leader of Renault which is the 4th/5th strongest team in F1 and one of the three engine manufacturers. He also will have another chance to get a top three team ride in a couple of years when his Renault contract runs out. So, I would not rate his chances high (not because of ability) as I still think to win a WC, you need to get to one of the top three teams. Even with all the rule changes and budget caps coming in for 2021, that will not change. But depending on the drama and retirements, he may have a chance at a top three team in two or three years.

F1Brits_90

I don't see anyone ever hiring Lance Stroll if they are serious on becoming front runners. The guy does not know to set up a car - the number of times he's been knocked out in Q1 is alarming this season

He is good at Monza because he's raced there and its relatively straight forward 6 corners with long straights to drive

-----------

I think Bottas has to do it next season or the chance is gone as there is a queue of drivers wanting his Merc seat

not according to us ;)
Screenshot_20191017-152326.jpg

Mick Schumacher will fail to win F1 title because of his Dad's reputation and the pressure of living up to him , Ferrari and Germany.

Mick Schumacher would have been better off actually going through Mercedes young driver programme not Ferrari's

Back
Top Bottom