Formula 1 can cause lung cancer

News from Spain (LINK) is that Ferrari removed its "subliminal" "Marlboro barcode" from its livery after denying (LINK) accusations just a few days ago.
Could this be the true end of "tobacco advertising" in Formula 1, since Ferrari are the last team sponsored by a tobacco company?
Also, will McLaren have to change their f1 car and new road car name? This years F1 McLaren is MP4-25 and their new road car is MP4-12C. MP4 stands for "Marlboro project 4" and could also be "subliminal" tobacco advertising. :thinking:

The Ferrari statement initially denying that the barcode was linked to Marlboro was just embarrassing.
Everyone knows what it was so for Ferrari to try and deny it was stupid.

This comment says it all: "Together with Philip Morris International we have decided to modify the livery of our cars starting with the Barcelona Grand Prix."

So if the barcode had nothing to do with Marlboro, why were Philip Morris involved with modifying the livery to remove it?

Brogan said:
The Ferrari statement initially denying that the barcode was linked to Marlboro was just embarrassing.

Everyone knows what it was so for Ferrari to try and deny it was stupid.

Did you just censor the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro logo with Marlboro written on it? Do you work for the EU health regulatory comisson? LOL

Cancer Cowboy said:
Did you just censor the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro logo with Marlboro written on it? Do you work for the EU health regulatory comisson? LOL
Not exactly LOL

The standard embedded images are a certain size so they fit on the homepage properly and I don't have a barcode one available :D

Guys, can we blank out the word M******* on this thread. We don't want Clip the Apex to be accused of subliminally trying to sell M*******!

Quite right... you wouldn't want | |||| || ||| | || gaining any sales from | ||||| || ||| | ||'s mention on this here website.

In fact, | ||||| || ||| | || should not even get the right to be alluded to without mentioning | ||||| || ||| | ||'s name, since that would be subliminally be advertising | ||||| || ||| | || as well.

Although I thought that calling the team Scuderia Ferrari | ||||| || ||| | || should have been a clue for the eagle eyed amongst you!

If Ferrari wins the Spanish GP, what will be used at the post race press conference?
"Congratulations to the winner, 1st for Scuderia Ferrari erm... Team"? LOL Team Ferrari Team.
And what about McLaren? How come nobody raised that issue?

As far as I'm aware they don't.

They were sponsored by West until 1995 but now the only contentious sponsor is Diageo/Johnnie Walker whisky.

Brogan said:
As far as I'm aware they don't.

They were sponsored by West until 1995 but now the only contentious sponsor is Diageo/Johnnie Walker whisky.

The name of the car is "subliminal". MP4 stands for "| ||| || || ||| ||| Project 4". McLaren claim that its actually "McLaren Project", but Ferrari claim that the barcode has nothing to do with, erm... | ||||| || ||| | || .

Just to add, Ducati also run "subliminal" marketing barcode, hence their name the... erm... Ducati ||||||| |||| || team.

But, as far as I know, subliminal marketing has never been proven by the almighty science. Also, isn't it illegal?

It was never subliminal for me, I could always see that was Marlboro.

Fags and booze in formula one.......?

Never.

S0-Heidfeld-jette-sa-BMW-dans-l-Enfer-vert-72998.jpg

As for McLaren the "M" in MP4 never stood for Marlboro. Ron Dennis's acquisition of the team was conducted via the merger of his "Project 4" venture with the old McLaren team so the "M" does indeed stand for McLaren.

Any chance Ferrari would now revert to their old striking scarlet livery, having switched from scarlet red to Marlboro red in the late nineties?

Back
Top Bottom