Force India driver change

GermanF1

Race Winner
Contributor
I know it is not bullet proof information, but a more or less trustworthy German newsmagazin (Der SPIEGEL - who rarely report about F1) report that Adrian Sutil is going to be replaced by Nico Hulkenberg next season.
If this speculation stuff is in the wrong forum here, just put this thread in the intended forum...

Bad news for both Williams drivers then, if rumours of Sutil and Raikonnen to Williams are true.

Actually I think whats happened is that Kimi decided not to go to Williams so Willimas offered a contract to Adrian Sutil who jumped at it because he knew he was getting the boot from Force India so Force India have brought forward signing Hulkenberg from Decemeber(like they said) to now.

di Resta vs. The Hulk. Could be interesting.

Could be very interesting. Lets remember Di Resta hasn't been confirmed at FI for next year though yet! However I believe he will and I think the 2 of them will have a straight shoot out next year for who gets Schumi's Merc seat in 2013

Hope this is true - thought it was a great shame that the Hulk got dropped in favour of Uncle Fester at Williams. Sutil has never really shone for me - a couple of eyebrow-raising qualifying sessions, and a handful of competent drives into the points do not make up for being a hideous crash-magnet in recent seasons. I will admit he has done far better this season, but he's largely been overshadowed by Di Resta, particularly in qualifying.

I'm not bashing Maldonado - I think he's performed solidly this year. I always thought it was harsh that the guy who comprehensively stuffed him as his teammate in GP2 in 2009 got bumped to 3rd driver at FI on the back of Venezualan petro-dollars, in spite of taking Williams' first pole in 5 years.

I'm in no way a Sutil supporter, I don't give a **** about him, but you can't deny the facts. He is not a great F1 driver, but maybe di Resta isn't either...

Hope this is true - thought it was a great shame that the Hulk got dropped in favour of Uncle Fester at Williams. Sutil has never really shone for me - a couple of eyebrow-raising qualifying sessions, and a handful of competent drives into the points do not make up for being a hideous crash-magnet in recent seasons. I will admit he has done far better this season, but he's largely been overshadowed by Di Resta, particularly in qualifying.

I disagree with that one I have to say. I don't think there has been that much difference between the 2 this year - certainly results wise

Which would require Schumi to retire after 2012, don't think this is going to happen...

Thats when his contract run's out and I bet thats why Merc have made sure that Di Resta and Hulkenberg are in those Force India's next year

Sheesh - anyone would think you've got something against Hulkenberg, GermanF1 (which would be odd, given your monicker!).

I think he's better than Sutil, personally - he just needs a chance to prove it. Sutil has been around for years, and has never shown himself to me to be any more than an above-average journeyman.

Edit - just seen your response GermanF1, and it's apparent we agree about Sutil! :wave:

Hulkenberg worked as an expert for German Sky this year at all the races, and I think he was very very annoying, just don't like the guy.
I don't understand why I have to like a driver just because he happens to have the same nationality than me. There may be a lot of German drivers around, but I have to say apart from Vettel, MSC, and maybe Nico Rosberg, none of them is anything special in any way, so I don't care about them...

RoB I think its the claim that Sutil has been overshadowed by Di Resta which GF1 was arguing with. I'm assuming GF1 watches the German F1 coverage so hasn't been smashed in the head with a sledgehammer about how good Paul Di Resta is on the BBC Forum like us.

To be honest Sutil and Di Resta's result are nearly identical. It does bode well for Di Resta that this is his first season and he has something to build on but I think 'overshadowed' is really over stating it. I think they've both pushed the Force India to places it shouldn't be in races. It'll be interesting to see how Di Resta handles being the older statesmen of the team who's expected to get the results next year.

Sutil I think will be a safe pair of hands for Williams.

Back
Top Bottom