Football Football World Cup 2022

F1Brits_90

World Champion
interesting that the boycott chat is growing for world cup & i was thinking is this biggest example of politics & sport intertwining since 80-84 olympics or 1995 rugby world cup

i agree on the ethics of the argument i think vast majority of football fans as we shouldnt be going to Qatar for numerous well known reasons. for sake legality i wont go into them bar that they bid for summer world cup knowing full well they didnt have the climate for it. & i will say that yes we shouldve been in united states during the summer & i dont like that fans are literally going from club 1 Saturday to country the next

but i disagree with point that people asking fans to not watch the world cup. im not a fan. 1st of no boycott will work like the England should pull out. would be pointless they would just invite Italy or Ukraine to take our place also this might be selfish but i think why should i deprive myself of the joy of a world cup this world cup going ahead whether we all like it or not. like all the players, the fans had no input in us going to Qatar, so we did so why should be punished for FIFA being investigated by the FBI. also by the same token do i have to stop supporting Sheffield United because we owned by a saudi. do i have to not watch Qatari, Bahraini & Saudi F1 GPs

Last edited:
yes & i saw this cider_and_toast that qatar is going to blow over because blatter has chucked platini under the bus & brought Sarkozy into the mix.saying that he forced platini into going against FIFA who had chosen to give it to United states

so i hope he has edivance to back up his claims because they are some heavy allegations.

Screenshot_20221108-231254_Samsung Internet.jpg

Brogan it is nothing surprises me with Qatar. these are the people that bid for a summer world cup & then when they "won" yeah we'll be moving it to the winter as who knew its to far too hot during European summer

i can only hope this is day that fifa finally wake up like the IOC did at salt lake city. get rid of the corruption & take it to football countries

although i was watching the Netflix show fifa uncovered. & the level of deception & bribery is off the chart. the similarities between argentina 78 & Qatar 22 are strikingly similar

i can only hope this is day that fifa finally wake up like the IOC did at salt lake city. get rid of the corruption & take it to football countries
Maybe they could take some lessons from those that run F1, after all FOM haven't taken any dirty money to put races in countries with abhorrent human rights records and no history in the sport.

Maybe they could take some lessons from those that run F1, after all FOM haven't taken any dirty money to put races in countries with abhorrent human rights records and no history in the sport.
but we went past point of no return 40 yrs ago at least & we know wouldnt have a calendar otherwise . how long have we joked never rule out a North Korean GP

FIFA is held higher because it is most watched event in world & like the Olympics it needs to be seen to be transparent

Last edited:
I never realise that is the 1st time a host nation have lost their opening game. but they were absolutely shocking i think Dutch will fill their boots in the final game. defending was all over the place, but it wouldnt be qatar if we didnt have the conspricacy that the officials were trying to help them, with some controversial decisions

i was thinking earlier that im intrigued at the legacy here because im not sure what they are going to do with 6 40,000, 1 60,000 & 1 80,000 seater stadiums, in place the size of yorkshire & a league that i cant see filling every week

Qatar are probably the lowest ranked team to ever host a world cup so its no shock they lost.

Most of the stadiums will be demolished. Money is no object out there.

Back
Top Bottom