Football Football World Cup 2022

Indeed.

It's one of the most shameful examples of the waste and excesses of "professional" sport.

The Olympics is bad with all of the purpose built facilities being demolished or left to rot every 4 years, but this is on another level.

Reports state that $300 billion has been spent.

What a ****ing colossal waste of money.

These people's lives are controlled by religion.
I'm fairly sure this sort of waste and the deaths of the workers is not something their god would approve of.

i cant say i have much confidence in england it feels a bit 2010, im hoping to get out the group, but then 50/50 if we get any further. you need a great defence to win tournaments & we dont we got a GK in a relegation battle, a RB that cant defend, A LB who has his place through process of elimination & the CB partnership of White & Stones which isnt world class.

alot of pundits are oblivious or ignoring the fact we arent in great form yet we being blindly predicted Quarter Final & Semi finals. & i doubt we would be rating another european side like Spain or Beligium. if they had just been relegated from top tier of nations league, all due respect a minor nation hungary had done the double over them in the summer & without a victory for 8 months

but some positive is we know this is where Southgate is at his best. he always turns up for tournament football. fingers crossed he can refind that form & if Denmark do what they did to france in the nations league. because if they top their Group & England do, then it does open that side of the draw wide open.

I suspect that considering where the event is being held that the winner will be of non European and non northern hemisphere and the correct baksheesh will have changed hands with the correct officials, so don't pin your hopes on an England victory, FIFA has been trodden on good and proper and have rolled over.

I suspect that considering where the event is being held that the winner will be of non European and non northern hemisphere and the correct baksheesh will have changed hands with the correct officials, so don't pin your hopes on an England victory, FIFA has been trodden on good and proper and have rolled over.
i thought for a while the Brazilians or argentines will win the cup they look the best all around

English defence will cost us

that was poor & more like what we were used to from those dreadful 6 nations league games as bar 1st 15, we struggled to create much v USA who played well & i dont think we ever test the goalkeeper. USA game changes nothing because he wasnt the man pre iran. ive said for a while that Southgate doesnt see Christmas & our world cup was always quarter finals at best. if we can get through the tough rd of 16 game v likely Senegal

but its a point & we are all but qualified so it could be worse & it has been worse, we have Wales & i expect us to top the group. i can guarantee that 🇦🇷 🇩🇰 🇩🇪
& even 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 would love to be in our position

England performance in every world cup group I think I have every watched consists of an easy win, a tight win, and a nervous draw. This one looks to be going the same way, although I suspect Wales will be more up for the next match than England as even if they can't qualify for the next stage they would like to spoil things for their oldest enemy.

absoulte madness in this group tonight, as if it finishes 🇵🇱 0 🇦🇷 2 / 🇲🇽 2 🇸🇦 0 & poland get another 2 bookings in next 15 mins. it could literally be paper scissors stone to decide who plays france

another mental night of football the 1st week might have been underwhelming. but these final group games have been something else. such drama as at some point Germans & Spanish were going home in a group that was expected to be walkover

that 2nd half was ridiculous. as at some point all 4 countries were supporting someone else in that group & all 4 were through at some point, Japanese needed a costa rica goal, Costa rica were hoping there wasnt a draw, Germans needed a spanish goal to help them progress & spanish fans were hoping the players didnt score & japanese held on as it in their interest to lose 2-1. because finishing 2nd, meant they would get Morocco & Portugal. instead of Croatia & Brazil

this is the most unpredictable world cup in my lifetime that i can remember, as ive been going since france 98. & i think without being disrespectful it might be year that rest of the world has caught up with europe & south america. because imagine the odds on Japan & morocco topping their groups

temp 2.jpg

Last edited:
for the 1st time. i think im off the fence of who lifts world cup. im going France, helps they have Mbappe but i think depth as well & their best is better than other contenders

will be the 1st defending champions to retain the cup since Brazil & pele in 58 & 62?

yeah FB turned out to be easier than i thought it would be. although i feel we were flattered tonight dont get me wrong all 3 goals were brilliantly taken. Bellingham is going to be a star, he is so good, not since Rooney at euro 2004 has there been this buzz around a teenager

i was surprised at how poor Senegal were defensively. i expected more from the african champions that i saw in african cup of nations & in group stages, dreadful marking helped us out alot 1st goal there all ball watching 5 around the ball & henderson running into the box unopposed then 2nd goal i felt sorry for that centre back he was left so isolated & then they Senegal didnt try for last 30 mins

admittedly i didnt think he would see christmas. but you got to give Southgate credit. because unlike many 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 managers who are great in qualifers & friendlies then flop at WC/Euros. he is the opposite, struggles, like when we hadnt won for 8 months going into Iran & nations league relegation but always turns up at the major tournaments. you cant argue with Southgates, Semi, Final & quarter final record. he should stay on for euro 2024

Last edited:
how can not love football, what scenes at the end. surely has to be 1 of the best 0-0 in world cup history. no goals but plenty of entertainment. i put it past them Moroccans showed enough attacking threat say they've a great shot at a semi final

same old same old with spain like 2016 2018 2020 & 2022. they are great striker away from winning tournaments. because they create so many brilliant chances but are lacking someone to put it in

Back
Top Bottom