Movies Film Thread

I despise the DC programs and films - they are total garbage in comparison to Marvel.

Batman - a guy in a rubber suit who punches people a lot. That's it.

Green Arrow - somehow only manages to encounter adversaries who shoot arrows.

The Flash - only ever comes up against people who can run fast.

Wonder Woman - the lasso of ****in truth, or whatever ****ing bollocks it's called.

To paraphrase cider_and_toast absolute shit.

How's the Marvelathon going cider_and_toast ?

Forgot to update the last one.

Thor - 7/10. An enjoyable romp with the cast chewing the scenery at every turn. My daughter was less enthusiastic but my son quite enjoyed it.

I can't remember which one comes next but we've had a busy last few weeks because various activities have reopened so we're taking the kids out more. Hopefully we'll get another in on Saturday.

Next up then:

The Avengers - 9/10. Laughed out loud several times. Some great one liners and plenty of action. A bit rough around the edges in parts but the best one of the film's I've watched so far.

Only 6 more movies and you get to watch the cinematic brilliance that is Ant Man.

One thing I would add, is ensure you watch to the very end, after the credits.
There are some crucial extra scenes which tie things together.

I didn't do that originally but the second time around I did and it made a lot more sense.
Ant Man in particular has a very important post credit scene.

Yeah, I found that out by accident after the Avengers on Saturday. I'm not sure what we've missed in the previous ones.

I watched a film called Palm Springs on Amazon the other night. It's like an update on Groundhog Day. Entertaining but not a must see.

as i briefly mentioned on covid thread. i saw Cruella this afternoon, really enjoyed it. it wasnt what i expected, i assumed it would go in a different way, but in good way. so many twists always kept you guessing, at 1 point i thought it was about a heist, then i thought it was going to be based on a rivalry, then we had a great grandstand ending & even a bit of eastenders thrown in there

Finally managed to find time to tick another film off in our family Marvel film marathon.

Tonight it was Thor: The Dark World.

5/10 - probably my least favourite of the series so far. It looked great but it was all a bit "wham bam thank you ma'am". Thor comes across as far too powerful and at no stage do you really believe he's in mortal danger.

Back
Top Bottom