Movies Film Thread

I have just been in the room whilst the remake of Dumbo was one. What a pointless waste of time, why do they have to even try and remake these things?

I really don't recall Ant Man being that bad, mind you, I don't recall the plot elements you've quoted Brogan.

All this leads me to believe I may have been drunk when I watched it.

I have definitely seen it as the wife was there at the time and comfirms we saw it together.

:thinking:

The only thing that saved Christmas TV for me was “ Where Eagles Dare “. Again. And the latest Bond films. All rubbish but highly entertaining, and I like the new Q.

Last edited:
We watched Joker this evening.

Damn me that's a well made, written, acted, directed film.

It's one of the best films I've seen for a very long time, if you knew nothing of the DC/Batman backstory it would still stand up as an excellent film.

Mrs Speshal compared it to Taxi Driver and I agree with her, an anti-hero you feel empathy for.

Toy Story 4, wasn't expecting much but it has to be the best one of the lot.

I got out of touch of watching the toy stories because I enjoyed the 1st 2 but then I was probally 6 & 10 when I saw them. so I never got around to watching the 3rd because I was 20 so bit out of range.

Catching up a few movies as there isn't much else to do.

Joker, FANTASTC!
Dr Sleep, not too bad.
Overlord, what a REALLY weird film. Good, but weird
Tried a few others, one with Bruce Willis and the bloke who played The Thing in Fantastic Four, turned it off after about 20 minutes.
Have also watched some shlock horror movies which haven't been too bad.

I normally like a good disaster movie, the sort where a bunch of extremely unlikely people are rushing around saving the planet. The sort where you have to suspend all reality. But I can’t find anything that’s worse than the real thing at the moment.

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi. Actually surprisingly good. I've not enjoyed a Star Wars film as much for some time but admittedly I have quite a low opinion of most of them.

Aladin (the live action version with Wil Smith as the Genie) - Very enjoyable.

Frozen 2 - The daughter loves it. As an adult, it's pretty soulless and nowhere near as good as the first one.

Sadly that's about it so far.

I watched Les Miserables the other night. Not usually my sort of thing but it being a historical sort of thing I thought I might get on with it. From sad prostitute Cat Woman through identity swapping Wolverine to obsessed Maximus it was all rather grand and over the top. Helena Bonham Carter and Sasha Baron Cohen turned up basically playing themselves just to add a bit of colour. I think the story was very interesting and would have worked well if they taken all the music out!

I think that probably means, as it's meant to be a musical, I didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom