Current Ferrari

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
What would you have done differently?
let them race. let leclerc do his thing see what happens & then let vettel do his thing. race it on track. i gunning for vettel last Sunday & im on his side this Sunday. as said on main race thread. f1 is raced on the track not the radios. ferrari were stupidly naive. as to believe a word that vettel say in racing situation after multi 21. more fool the management. because those fastest laps every lap werent coincidental

mercedes were lucky but every team get lucky at some point & i think every team that has had a win this season to be considered fortunate

Last edited:

Bernoulli

Spectator
let them race. let leclerc do his thing see what happens & then let vettel do his thing. race it on track. i gunning for vettel last Sunday & im on his side this Sunday. as said on main race thread. f1 is raced on the track not the radios. ferrari were stupidly naive. as to believe a word that vettel say in racing situation after multi 21. more fool the management. because those fastest laps every lap werent coincidental

mercedes were lucky but every team get lucky at some point & i think every team that has had a win this season to be considered fortunate
F1Brits, they were racing on track yesterday until the first pit stop and Vettel out-paced Leclerc. I do believe that Vettel would have slowed down, if Leclerc had been closer to him and showed some sign of pace. The way things were this wasn't the case and Leclerc would have backed him into Hamilton. Vettel could have just held third yesterday after the start then. It also needs to be acknowledged that Hamilton had the tyre advantage during the second stint.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
yes I think that was the best ive seen vettel since pre summer break in 2018, I don't believe vettel would mainly multi 21, but also because I don't believe you put most drivers in that situation & I don't think they would slow down that's Hamilton Leclerc Verstappen Sainz Hulkenburg Magnussen Perez Riccardo Kyvat. why would give up a win, when he in the lead. but this Ferrari issue to ask any driver to not challenge for lead is stupid. Leclerc should've shut the door & taken the inside

Hamilton was supposed to have the tyre advantage, but VSC gave Leclerc softs as well

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
Hamilton was supposed to have the tyre advantage, but VSC gave Leclerc softs as well
He may well have finished second had he not done this. He was in front of Bottas; I suspect that even with soft tyres Bottas would have not got past Leclerc, it was plain that it was not a circuit conducive to overtaking.

Bernoulli

Spectator
He may well have finished second had he not done this. He was in front of Bottas; I suspect that even with soft tyres Bottas would have not got past Leclerc, it was plain that it was not a circuit conducive to overtaking.
I think with the softer tyre he should have passed but then again it is Bottas. Hamilton was chasing Leclerc for 10+ laps, whilst Bottas managed to screw it up after 3 by killing his tyres.

Izumi

Banned
Binotto revealed in an interview that next year (2020) Ferrari car will be evolution from current model. I am not exactly sure how to interpret his prediction. What is he after? Wolff, on the other hand stated that Mercedes is not planning any massive changes on their car, since specifications will remain relatively stable.

I don't wish to accuse anyone from lying, but teams are historically very economical with the truth. Mercedes surely will have reasons to upgrade their engine in attempt to close alleged power deficit, therefore car will be upgraded because if they cannot do it on engine side alone, then it will have to do so jointly on two fronts, engine and car aero, so it is not IF, but HOW MUCH and WHERE those changes will be made.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Izumi Whilst Ferrari will evolve into next year's car , Haas will evolve into this year's Ferrari and people wonder why they are so quick:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Izumi

Banned
It is amazing how long it has taken for a top team such as Ferrari is, to close gap to Mercedes. Merc was really fortunate to hit bullseye with their design in 2014 (rather under ??? circumstances), and with all brakes on development imposed on competition, rivals needed 5 yr. to catch them. That's one. Others are still behind. I am not sure if FiA has taken notice of it, and if they have, whether it bothers them at all. At the end, congrats to Maranello, engine department.

Next year will be even less testing, so we will use testing cars in races.…?

Top Bottom