Ferrari Gained From Silverstone Off-Throttle EBD Ban, Mercedes Biggest Loser

HRT and Williams where the one that complained :rolleyes:

If they were favouring Ferrari they would have kept the rules the same as the silverstone ones.

This is where you need the "duh" voice over caption,........I guess he overlooked that one.

Ferrari International Assistance.........is that Like the AA for Ferrari owners?

If they were favouring Ferrari they would have kept the rules the same as the silverstone ones.

Sly, the FIA back-tracked because it was an inapropriate changing of the rules mid season bordering on being illegal. Had Mercedes-Benz HPE and Renault Sport along with McLaren and Red Bull not complained, the favouritism would have been set in stone for the rest of the season.

It's clear as day that the only place Ferrari have won a GP thus far this year is at Silverstone which coincided with the one-off reg change.

Most of the teams have been using a device which is on the borderline of legality and illegality. As the season has gone on they have been moving further and further over the borderline. They were warned that a clampdown was on the way but ignored the warning. Then came Silverstone.

There were some protests, not on the grounds that what they were doing was legal but rather on the grounds that they would be disadvantaged by not being allowed to break the rules!

Since several teams have been allowed to use their devices for eighteen out of nineteen races this year whilst Ferrari do not operate such a device it looks to me as though the FIA are disadvantaging Ferrari. Ferrari won the only race this year where the illegal devices were banned, as Ray kindly points out.

It looks very much like the J-Damper again.

I think it's pretty clear that Ferrari gained and Mercedes lost from the changes at Silverstone to the rules, the FIA are/were not trying to advantage/disadvantage any team as they changed the rules one way then back again. What else needs to be said on this subject?

Back
Top Bottom