Ferrari denies Alonso is No.1 driver

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Well I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

Ferrari are claiming that Alonso isn't the No. 1 driver and Massa hasn't been relegated to a support role.

Events at the German Grand Prix would seem to contradict this stance.

But Domenicali insisted both drivers were still in the hunt and would be treated equally. "For myself and for us, the consideration is always that everyone does their best for the team," he told a Brazilian newspaper. "We have not changed our position from the start of the season, but maybe some others have.

"But for ourselves we are happy with our way at looking at the whole situation."

Ferrari seem to have no respect for the sport and more importantly their fans if they expect us to believe this.

http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/28469.html

Of course technically, he's not.

Its a really good season for #2 drivers:

But, seriously, the only one of the three drivers above who started the season as a realistic #2 driver was Mark Webber. I think Ferrari need to talk the talk of equality to rubberstamp their swapgate defence, so I don't think they can do anything different.

Attachments

• Not Bad for A Number Two.jpg
    Not Bad for A Number Two.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 265
Hmmmm, perhaps we could start a whole new thread in Fun and Games called:

"Things that are obviously true yet Ferrari still deny it"

Such as:

Ferrari denies moon isn't made of cheese
Ferrari denies Schmacher ever won a championship for them.......

etc etc etc.

Surely a runner in the

FORMULA ONE MOST RIDICULOUS STATEMENT OF THE YEAR AWARD.

(Def. champion: L. Hamilton "No, I didn't let Trulli pass")

They'll have some stiff competition from Christian Horner's repeated claims that Red Bull haven't actually changed their car ever; its still identical to Rubens Barrichello's Stewart which started the 1997 Australian Grand Prix!

Of course, technically, Massa has car #7 and Alonso has car #8, so Massa is the Number 1 driver. Everyone seems confused by this, including the FIA!

file.php

The difference between Alonso non è il numero 1 and Alonso è il numero 1 (Google Translate) could easily be lost in translation!

The implication, if we are to take it at face value, is that if Alonso were leading at Singapore, with Massa all over the back of him in second, and a Red Bull fast approaching from behind, that the Ferraris would be told to change position.

Unlikely. But not as unlikely as the driver of car no. 8 actually moving over, I'd say.

Galahad said:
The implication, if we are to take it at face value, is that if Alonso were leading at Singapore, with Massa all over the back of him in second, and a Red Bull fast approaching from behind, that the Ferraris would be told to change position.

Unlikely. But not as unlikely as the driver of car no. 8 actually moving over, I'd say.

I'd often wondered about this, so I'm going to ask! If Alonso was in 5th in Brazil 2007 and Hamilton was in 6th, would Alonso have moved over to allow Hamilton to win the Championship. I don't think he would, you know!

teabagyokel said:
I'd often wondered about this, so I'm going to ask! If Alonso was in 5th in Brazil 2007 and Hamilton was in 6th, would Alonso have moved over to allow Hamilton to win the Championship. I don't think he would, you know!
You know what, I'd probably have to agree with you there...

teabagyokel said:

Absolutely no chance! LOL

cider_and_toast said:
Hmmmm, perhaps we could start a whole new thread in Fun and Games called:

"Things that are obviously true yet Ferrari still deny it"

Such as:

Ferrari denies moon isn't made of cheese
Ferrari denies Schmacher ever won a championship for them.......

etc etc etc.

Ferrari denies it uses Team Orders

In fact that is perfectly true.Ferrari do not use team orders
They only use one team order The clue is the plural.We all know exactly what that team order is.

It's probably something they feel they have to say to keep up the charade of team equality.

If they are serious though, Ferrari should request an FIA equality monitor (just like for Fernando and Lewis in '07) in the garage for Felipe though, to prove it :)

Back
Top Bottom