Ferrari denies Alonso is No.1 driver

All teams use teamorder, :p they only do it in a make up manner to the fans. I don't think that it is better.
RBR make stallorder since beginning the season, but don't reconnize it.

ladyinred said:
All teams use teamorder, :p they only do it in a make up manner to the fans. I don't think that it is better.
RBR make stallorder since beginning the season, but don't reconnize it.

I agree, but it says something about Red Bull that they've been favouring Vettel all season and Webber leads the WDC!

I'm just saying Ferrari shouldn't make the 'Dead Parrot' lie (a lie that gets more and more absurd but is still stuck to) their modus operandi.

Apparently Alonso is now Ferrari's number 1 driver

Ferrari has urged Felipe Massa to do his bit in the final four races of the season to help Fernando Alonso capture the world championship title.

With Alonso's back-to-back victories in Italy and Singapore having rekindled Ferrari's title challenge, the Maranello-based team now wants Massa to play a key role in taking the points off rival teams that could be key to helping his team-mate triumph.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87100

To me, this just shows that Massa has issues with being number 2 driver and has put his head down at the way he is being treated. If he is still at Ferrari next year, the Brazilians will treat him the same if not worse than they treated Barrichello when he sold his soul for a few million $.

I wonder if there is a team that will take him on though?

He should have said no at Hockenheim. He would have got a drive, even if it was with one of the smaller teams, but he would have at least kept his pride..

RickD said:
He should have said no at Hockenheim. He would have got a drive, even if it was with one of the smaller teams, but he would have at least kept his pride..

Apparently he did 4 times!

tooncheesef1 said:
If he had said no, then what team would want him? Why would they sign a driver who wont play his part in the team?

Unfortunately, he is at one of the teams who would hire a driver who would not work for, and indeed undermine, his own team.

Re: Ferrari CONFIRM Alonso is No.1 driver

Brogan said:
[rock] Felipe Massa [hard place]

It's all academical now really, poor showing in Germany but what's done is done.

Ferrari has urged Felipe Massa to do his bit in the final four races of the season to help Fernando Alonso capture the world championship title.

Speaking about the reasons for Ferrari's resurgence, di Montezemolo said: "First of all the decision to focus on Alonso has been proven to be right. He is extremely strong and very close to the team, and has been able to blend in well from day one despite the concerns of some.

Linkypoos

Strong words from Luca.I very much suspect that the Ferrari/Massa relationship has now got a very sour smell about it.
He is obviously concerned that a comepletely demotivated Massa will simply turn up and drive around as per contract.
Alonso's WDC bid is very much dependent on Massa taking points of the likes of Hamilton, Button, Vettel and Webber.
If Massa has adopted "they can go eff themselves" attitude, I have had enough from that Prancing horse doing its "business from the rear end" all over me and as I can never even have the chance to achieve the WDC here, why should I care.

"Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport at the Paris Motor Show: "I have waited for Felipe with great perseverance in the last four races. I want a strong Massa who will shave points off the rivals.

"In Singapore he had some bad luck, but he is in good condition to win. Those who race for Ferrari don't race for themselves, but for the Ferrari team colours. One who wants to race for himself will have to face his team."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87100

"One who wants to race for himself will have to face his team."

Sure, when he said this he was thinking in Felippe. :thinking:

Massa always was speaking to Alonso that the "team" ferrari is more important than the driver. But he now is going the way of the loonley wulf, he is acting like a little, offended boy.

This is not the way you can made friends in ferrari and with the Tifosis. I think his days in the scuderia are counted....the near future will show us. :whistle:

Again, like I say, Massa should help Alonso by binning it deliberately when inappropriate, blocking him in qualifying and trying to out drag him at 200mph. For karma.

teabagyokel said:
Again, like I say, Massa should help Alonso by binning it deliberately when inappropriate, blocking him in qualifying and trying to out drag him at 200mph. For karma.

That could well happen. Massa has nothing to lose.

ladyinred said:
This is not the way you can made friends in ferrari and with the Tifosis. I think his days in the scuderia are counted....the near future will show us. :whistle:

Never

eddie_irvine_280x39_524921a.jpg

Stood

Rubens_Barrichello2.jpg

A chance

Felipe.Massa.jpg

Was Alonso thinking only of the team when he screamed down the radio at Hockenheim, "This is ridiculous!" or " I am much faster than Felipe!"?
(So much faster yet strangely unable to overtake, or even catch him, until Massa was told to turn his engine settings down while Alonso was allowed to turn his up)

Luca sowed the seeds of Massa's discontent (if it exists) in Germany; now it seems he is reaping the results but doesn't like it, and neither does he recognise the part he and his 'team' had to play.

Luca's staff motivation techniques:

1. Tell your driver, in front of a worldwide TV audience while he leads a Grand Prix, that he will never be allowed to beat this particular teammate in a fair fight.

2. Tell the same driver indirectly but unequivocally, through a quote to the worldwide media, that he should 'buck his ideas up' and play for the team, not himself (shortly after a race in which you have given him a car that broke down in Q1, leaving him at the back of the grid).

Ferrari did well :chuffed:

The people who don't understand have not to mucch idea how is going on the business called Formula one.

Scuderia handled the switch of Massa and Alonso at Hockenheim without subtlety, but they did exactly the right thing

Ferrari handled the switch of Massa and Alonso at Hockenheim without subtlety, but by the standards applied during the first 100 years of motor racing they did exactly the right thing. Alonso, running second but clearly the faster of the two, was coming under pressure from Vettel and found himself unable to overtake his team-mate without exposing them both to undue risk. The solution was obvious and Massa's reluctance to yield was unrealistic.
Richard Williams

And Massa don't have a chance for the title, never had it. Why should Ferrari let pass the chance to win the champion with the only fast driver they have in this moment?? :s

ladyinred said:
Ferrari did well :chuffed:

The people who don't understand have not to mucch idea how is going on the business called Formula one.

Scuderia handled the switch of Massa and Alonso at Hockenheim without subtlety, but they did exactly the right thing

Ferrari handled the switch of Massa and Alonso at Hockenheim without subtlety, but by the standards applied during the first 100 years of motor racing they did exactly the right thing. Alonso, running second but clearly the faster of the two, was coming under pressure from Vettel and found himself unable to overtake his team-mate without exposing them both to undue risk. The solution was obvious and Massa's reluctance to yield was unrealistic.
Richard Williams

And Massa don't have a chance for the title, never had it. Why should Ferrari let pass the chance to win the champion with the only fast driver they have in this moment?? :s
Of course he didn't have a chance with the back stabbing reprobates that run Ferrari ensuring that he doesn't get that chance.

At Hockenheim, Massa was in with a chance at the title, the fact that he hasn't done much since is probably down to the fact that he felt rather upset at the way he has been treated, but then I guess that must be a cultural thing.

For you to write him off ladyinred, it is obvious even you feel he is a threat to Alonso and are upset that he isn't the perfect lapdog to the Spaniard.

I say to Massa, Banzai Alonso and take him out, then we can all see how you feel and maybe you can get some pride back..

So could you suggest a fast driver who would even consider going to Ferrari and forget his own ambitions until the 2013 season.Possibly not even then.I can't think of anyone.

I think you misunderstand the concerns the people on here have about Ferrari's actions Ladyinred. I don't think any of us would deny that Alonso is probably a faster driver than Massa but there is a rule in F1 which does not allow teams to manipulate the result of a race, regardless of how the team would like the drivers to finish. It's a little patronising to suggest that any of us don't understand the business of Formula 1.

As I have said before I understand why Ferrari did what they did but I don't agree with it AND Ferrari broke one of the rules of the sport. One has to question what satisfaction Alonso (and his fans) will get if, as Rick pointed out, he wins the drivers championship by 7 points or less as it will clearly be a manipulated result in breach of one of the basic rules of the sport. Whether you agree or disagree with the rule is moot, the rule exists and all of the teams should adhere to it, even Ferrari.

One of the main problems I think many of us have with Alonso is that he attracts controversy wherever he goes. He cost McLaren millions and lost them both the drivers and constructors titles in 2007. He was involved in F1 worst race fixing scandal in 2008, albeit he denies any culpability, and now at Ferrari he has created a situation where the team blatantly broke the rules solely for his benefit. He's a fast and exciting driver but for most F1 fans, rather than those who support a particular driver or team, he's not been great for the sport.

FB said:
One of the main problems I think many of us have with Alonso is that he attracts controversy wherever he goes. He cost McLaren millions and lost them both the drivers and constructors titles in 2007. He was involved in F1 worst race fixing scandal in 2008, albeit he denies any culpability, and now at Ferrari he has created a situation where the team blatantly broke the rules solely for his benefit. He's a fast and exciting driver but for most F1 fans, rather than those who support a particular driver or team, he's not been great for the sport.
You are not right.
Not he cost millions for Mclaren. It was the team who made bad. What did he wrong for give him the guilt?
But these are old storys and my english is not good enough to discute this.
in the worst race fixing scandal in 2008 he didn't do anything too. All you can do ist suspect, but the FIA speak him innocent and there are no proofs that he was involved.
And how you are sure, that it was the spaniard who created a situation in Ferrari where the team blatantly broke the rules??

And YES he IS very great for this sport!

Back
Top Bottom