Fernando Alonso

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
The history record will show that Alonso has won the Le Mans 24 hr twice in a row. Feels very hollow though doesn't it? Well.....as long as the sponsors are happy.
Yes - and Alonso saying that he didn't like the way that they won.... well, they could have called into the pits and had a tyre change themselves, after the number 7 car had a "puncture"...

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Depends on if I thought the team had done it on purpose to fix it for me to win. Not sure I'd want to win that badly. Especially if I'm already a two time world F1 champ and a 1 time Le Mans winner.

I'm afraid Alonso is a prime example of how business now outweighs competition in Motorsport. I really can't judge how good he has actually been in his career because there have been so many big business and sponsors who have needed him to get results, and therefore seen to it that he has, or media outlets who have been paid to tell us how good he is and keep him in the headlines, that I just can't tell anymore.

He is by no means the only one but a very good example.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
The history record will show that Alonso has won the Le Mans 24 hr twice in a row. Feels very hollow though doesn't it? Well.....as long as the sponsors are happy.
i wondering is that due to the fact that alonsos wins havent been entirely been because he was class of the field or because toyota were only racing themselves due having such an distinct advantage over other LMP1. because when hulkenburg won le mans he wasn't the fastest but it felt into place for him due to bad luck elsewhere. but they had beat other audis & toyotas

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
I don't know about this year because I don't watch it but last year Toyota 100% made sure Alonso won. Which was one of the reason I didn't bother this year.

Top Bottom