Fernando Alonso

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
The more disappointing part of that statement is that Toyota will continue in LMP1. Unless another hybrid team comes along they will continue to run away with every race.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
potentially buy his way in. but i was saying on indy you have to wonder if Alonso & McLaren will part ways completely. as since 2015 it been disaster after disaster. he seemed furious & knew his fate was sealed before his run

if he goes with American knowledge go with ganassi or penske & he can get there

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
1_KpaE9Vk6fDwbdsMcRDSfTQ.jpeg

"I've called this press conference today to announce our very exciting signing for next season. He is best known for his time in F1 but he's come over here and really shown us what a talent he is. Yes in the Penske car for 2020 will be.....Takuma Sato"

Dartman

Points Scorer
What's all this crap about the triple crown being Monaco, Indy 500 and Le Mans, it was always F1 WDC Indy 500 and Le Mans, as back in the day the Indy 500 and Le Mans were not part of a series, Monaco was.

Dartman

Points Scorer
When Graham Hill did it, think Le Mans was the one he needed, Jim Clark could have done it but wouldn't race at Le Mans as he did it once in a Lotus and said never again

Last edited:

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
When Graham Hill did it, think Le Mans was the one he needed, Jim Clark could have done it but wouldn't race at Le Mans as he did it once in a Lotus and said never again
There's actually a touch of sadness in that as Clark would almost certainly have left Lotus perhaps as early as the end of 1968 but definitely by the end of 1969, as he had already entered in to talks to work with Aston Martin in sports car racing. He may well have returned to Le Mans.

Dartman

Points Scorer
Before Lotus he was contracted to race an Aston Martin F1 car, however they withdrew before the season start as the car was front engined and they realised it would be uncompetitive with the growing ascendency of the mid engines of Cooper and Lotus.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
It's always been Monaco, Le Man's and Indy in my time. When is 'back in the day'?
Back in the day RasputinLives is anytime in the past that suits the point you’re making, but you can’t quite remember exactly when. It’s a handy phrase when the little grey cells aren’t working as well as they should, especially after a glass (or two) of wine, or something. I have found it to be quite useful.
:snigger:

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
The history record will show that Alonso has won the Le Mans 24 hr twice in a row. Feels very hollow though doesn't it? Well.....as long as the sponsors are happy.

Learner
View attachment 12582

"I've called this press conference today to announce our very exciting signing for next season. He is best known for his time in F1 but he's come over here and really shown us what a talent he is. Yes in the Penske car for 2020 will be.....Takuma Sato"
ROFL
Coultard is off contract the end of this season and hasn't resigned so Roger is still after a V8 supercar driver for 2020.

Top Bottom