F1's effect on unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigBoss

Banned
With high levels of unemployment worldwide, is it is fair for an F1 driver to sack family? or many personal trainers?

Some people are trying to stop this situation getting out of hand - Fernando Alonso recently hired the lovely Roberta Vallorosi as his personal press secretary, while HRT is set to announce how many drivers they will use this season.

We should follow the Spanish example.

not sure what point you're trying to make? Many of these employees will be on fixed term contracts for one or more seasons and I suspect it's more a case of not renewing a contract than sacking them.

All I'm trying to say is that it's not fair for selfish drivers to sack their father, or fire personal managers on a regular basis.

Brogan, what are you talking about?

I'm not aware of any driver who fires his personal manager on a regular basis. And as for them firing their fathers, I assume you are referring to Hamilton, in which case I refer you to the well known saying about never mixing business with family. I'm sure Hamilton hasn't left his father penniless and destitute.

As one of the unfortunate victims of the economic downturn I have recently become unemployed so I now have more time on my hands to watch F1 testing and practise sessions once they start up.

That's the only effect F1 can have on unemployment!

As for your views on the subject, the amount of people directly or indirectly employed by F1 may run into the 10's of 1000's but even if everyone in the business was made redundant tomorrow, the effect on global unemployment figures would be so minute it would hardly be even noticed.

If you're worred about a single industry having an effect on global economics, I would say it's the lack of confidence in the retail sector that is having a knock-on effect on construction and other services.

F1 actually has had a positive effect on global employment levels, how many people will have been recruited to build and service all these new circuits and the facilities that go with them?

Oh dear, never thought I'd have to use the dreaded words, 'WUM alert' on here.

There's no need to pretend, MrBigBoss; just take your bigotry elsewhere.

I propose we close this thread before I am physically sick.
bored.gif

MrBigBoss is one of the many guises of 'Jose Lorca', as Brogan correctly pointed out. Jose and his multiple ID's brought near devastation to 606 and has done much the same within a few short days since highjacking the rival 'not 606' forum.

Everyone get's at least one chance on this forum. If things get out of hand the moderation team will deal with it.

One thing I've never understood about these guys is whether their Hamilton hatred is driven by racism or the fact that he has beaten Alonso in every season he has been in F1.

I think it's a bit of both FB, but mainly the former. One of Jose's other aliases/accomplices (it's unclear which), who has also made several appearances on 606 as numerous variants of 'douglasmcdouglas' or 'hamishmctavish', recently joined 'not606' as 'DouglasMcDouglasoftheKlan' and openly questioned the acceptability of black F1 drivers. I kid you not.
Ironically, Jose (who had somehow duped the site's administrators into making him a moderator) had to chastise Douglas on that occasion.

Since being relieved of moderator's duties after a few days of chaos, Jose himself has reverted to type and subsequently been given a one day ban from the site by the administrator. He posted an article referring to Santander's extension of their deal with Mclaren, but his 'version' removed all references to Hamilton, while over-emphasising Button's importance to the decision.

Differing opinions can make for interesting and stimulating debate.
Whilst we welcome diverse opinion here, anyone transgressing the site rules will be dealt with accordingly.

Haters however are not wanted and will be shown the door.

No doubt were gonna get this in May quite a bit, hopefully the good posters will outweigh the WUMs

Wind-Up Merchants. People who join only to stir things up, aka trolls.

I am assuming you didn't know of course. If you did, I completely missed the humour in your post :embarrassed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom