F1's effect on unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I was thinking "thank God. I have finally found a forum not infested with these pests"
Ah well.I live and learn.Been doing that for 65 years.Still don't know owt.

The best method of dealling with WUMs is to ignore their posts and let the mods deal with it (and believe me, we will).

A brilliant tactic I used to see on 606 was someone posting an entirely different question on a WUMs thread which derailed the conversation in to some bizarre and hilarious areas and killed the wind up attempt stone dead.

The best method of dealling with WUMs is to ignore their posts and let the mods deal with it (and believe me, we will).

A brilliant tactic I used to see on 606 was someone posting an entirely different question on a WUMs thread which derailed the conversation in to some bizarre and hilarious areas and killed the wind up attempt stone dead.

I've tried both tactics in the past, with varying success:
The first can be difficult; one has to be very strong-willed to refrain sometimes.
The second can be very satisfying, as it winds up the very perpetrators no end, in a table-turning kind of way. But I have on occasions had such posts removed by the 606 mods for being 'Off-topic'!

I have always simply ignored them.But usually others respond and keeps the post alive.I joined 606 in 2002 virtually from the start.Since then as I quickly realised that 606 was not what I wanted I belonged to several other intially promising forums, but as they grew in numbers these pests started appearing.Now apart from CTA I only belong to one other forum whose members numbers are small simply because they don't use the automatic email verification system.All members have to be manually registered.It is very simple to run IP adresses through the various databases and check them out.Time consuming and "eletist" as some call it.Who cares.It works.

Rest assured, that these WUM characters will not be tolerated if they step outside of the forum rules. Providing they stay within the rules, they are as welcome as anybody else.

The impact of 606 closing on the economy: there'll be WUMs roaming the country looking for work, trying to find anyone who is annoyed by their particular aspect of WUMmery.

Tragic, it will be.

*[VIOLIN SOLO]* WUM: "People with violins should be shot"

Woman's Union Missionary Society :s
We're not going to take this lying down
embarrassed.gif

As this thread has now been suitably derailed and the original topic (rightly) ignored, we may as well consign it to the thread dustbin.
Rest assured that this site will never suffer the problems seen on 606 or other places.

If in doubt, use the 'Report' link, a moderator will deal with it.
There are also tools available which are extremely effective at dealing with problematic members.

There are also tools available which are extremely effective at dealing with problematic members.

Thumb screws? Rubber tube? Pliers? The bright lamp? Water Boarding? Playing rock and roll music outside of their houses morning, noon and night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom