F1 YOU BET 2015 -The Game

If you are playing, all bets in by midnight tonight please (UK time).

Ahh go on, you know you want to.

Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on Go on GO ON

Why did I not bet on a Mercedes, what a plonker :facepalm:

screenshot.77.jpg

http://www.aceodds.com/bet-calculator/single.html

Last edited:
Greenlantern101 It's your grill and you can toast the bread any way you like mate but for info, in football betting, if you bet on a certain player to score the first goal and he starts the game on the bench and doesn't get on the field before the first goal is scored, or if he doesn't play at all, it's customery to get your money back.

I've only just seen your original post. I don't think it makes much difference though. Once you've got a rule, it's the same for all.

The Anti-post thing will almost never happen and it stops complications in the spreadsheet with deleting formula for 1 race and adding it back for the next.

rufus_mcdufus Yes you do but only for the 1/3rd part of the each way bet as your man came in second.
An each way is effectively 2 bets. The bet on the winner part of the bet was a loss. So the stake money for that part the bet isn't returned.

I have based this on the wikipedia page for each way betting. As far as I am aware this is correct.

A £10 each-way single on a 10-1 selection in a horse race and paying 1⁄4 the odds a place 1, 2, or 3 would cost £20.

• Returns on the win part of the bet would be £10 × (10/1 × 1) + stake = £110
  • Returns on the place part of the bet would be £10 × (10/4 × 1) + stake = £35
  • Total returns would be £110 + £35 = £145 if the horse won the race, but just £35 if the horse only finished second or third.

So you bet £40 each way giving the bookies £80 in total (200-80) leaving you with £120
So your for 'win bet' you lost and the stake money is lost, so you stay at £120.
Your each way bet wins and pays out at 1/3rd odds ((2.25 x 1/3) x 40 ) = £30 taking you up to £150
But because your 'each way' part of the bet won you get the £40 stake back leaving you with (150+40) = £190

If you work out the maths the only way to profit from an each way bet that comes in 2nd or 3rd is to bet on odds of over 6/1 other wise you will loose money. You can think on it as damage limitation for odds that are less than 6/1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_bookmaking

Last edited:
Here are the odds for Malaysia
You are betting on the winner.

screenshot.68.jpg

Alonso 500/1 :o when was the last time you saw that !!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom