F1 Overtakes

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
We all love watching a good overtaking manoeuvre, so here are some of the best.

Post more if you have them.

Top 15 overtakes of 2008

Mika Häkkinen vs Michael Schumacher, Spa 2000

Top 20 overtakes

Juan Pablo Montoya vs Michael Schumacher, Spa 2004

Can I mention how many overtakes "dull" Nick Heidfeld got into the top 5 in the 2008 countdown. And also the predomination of the name "Hamilton". Thankyou.

Lovely :D

When I saw the topic the Hakkinen move at Spa 2000 immediately sprang to mind!

On a related-ish note I was up early yesterday and the sports reporter on BBC news said that Mika Hakkinen would be joining Lewis Hamilton at McMerc next year so I sent off a sternly worded e-mail which he then read out LOL

Courtesy of FB from the other thread.

Villeneuve vs Jones - 1979 - Tarzan corner

The Alonso "Rocket Ship" - 2005 - 130R

Overtakes

Hey guys, I thought you might want to see some of the overtakes from past Australian GP's, so I've posted the 2006 Overtakes Video at Veoh.com, and the 2007 Overtakes Video I made has been up on YouTube for a while now. I'm almost finished with 2008, so if people like to see this stuff, I'll post it before the race on Sunday. I also have a 2009 Australia Video, but it's just Hamilton Overtakes, I'll post a link for the Hammy Fans out there.

2006 Australian GP Overtakes - http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v19943492fQH63FeF

2007 Australian GP Overtakes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u50BwSYfJ40

Hamilton at the 2009 Australian GP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dhmCRFSoIk

Let me know if you want to see the 2008 Overtakes. There's a lot of Ferrari action for those interested.

Thanks Keke.

I've merged your post with this thread as it's more appropriate.

Here's Lewis on Kimi at Monza in 2007

Brogan said:
Thanks Keke. I've merged your post with this thread as it's more appropriate.
I'm not sober, I admit, and in advance I apologise. If this post offends anyone then I'd be grateful if someone deletes it before I wake up in the morning and delete it myself.

Brogan, I would like to see a round-up of previous Aussie GP incidents (overtakes, news stories, stats, whatever) on the Aussie GP thread itself.

I don't do this so much these days because digital media for some reason is not as connective to me, but a couple of years ago, before F1 forums and having recent seasons' races instantly accessible from a hard drive, I would dig out my old VHS tapes prior to each race and reacquaint myself with a circuit's layout and recent history.

I'd like to see that encapsulated on a thread these days. Overtakes, highlights, liegates, etc. I'd like to see it all represented in the week before a race on the one thread. I don't want to have to go searching for the overtakes thread to see what the upcoming event may or may not yield in terms of racing. I want to see it on the event thread.

JMO, but that's how I feel.

genji said:
Brogan said:
Thanks Keke. I've merged your post with this thread as it's more appropriate.
Brogan, I would like to see a round-up of previous Aussie GP incidents (overtakes, news stories, stats, whatever) on the Aussie GP thread itself.
That's fair enough and it's a good idea.
Keke's original post however was in the Stat's forum on the 2009 overtaking statistics thread which is why I moved it here ;)
In retrospect the Australian preview thread would have been a much better place so I'll copy the links into the 2nd post.

Edit: All done, just for you genji: http://cliptheapex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1507#p17003

This is a good idea for the other preview threads, including the Bahrain one which is now over, we can just keep adding to them in the future.
Any volunteers to compile all the videos? :)

Ah, my bad. I made an assumption. I just felt a holistic historical approach to a given race could be more feature-rich.

Thanks.

You're right, it's a great idea and will tie in nicely with the updates were working on in the background to the site :)

Back
Top Bottom