Pre-Season F1 2022

im sorry but 1st time ive heard that. so its really tickled me LOL

i would never rule out mercedes for the reason in this hybrid era that you would say ended on Sunday. historical precedents dont apply to mercedes & also they arguably got the best line up on the grid with Hamilton & Russell

but thinking
1998 - Both Williams including reigning world champion was lapped
2005 - Ferrari from domination to nowhere
2009 - Lewis was knocked out of Q1
2014 - Vettel went from 9 consecutive wins to out in Q2
I would love to see a repeat of 2014 and see Horner cry Wolf again because Red Bull got a beating

Hamilton will be there. its only natural weve all been there when we are in dispair after a big sporting loss. a few times more than i care to remember in football ive been on floor in May & exited in August

id have been more surprised if he was completely fine. he will be raring to go come testing

Aye, of course he'll be there, for numerous reasons. But partly to give young George a benchmark. Can't wait for that.

we cant expect too much off Russell next year i think the same approach as Hamilton in 2007 funnily enough. on previso that Mercedes retain their place at the front of the grid which is by no means guaranteed

it would be perfect as long as he is competive & wins a race it would be good season. we cant go in 2022 expecting what he did in Bahrain every week

we cant expect too much off Russell next year i think the same approach as Hamilton in 2007 funnily enough. on previso that Mercedes retain their place at the front of the grid which is by no means guaranteed

it would be perfect as long as he is competive & wins a race it would be good season. we cant go in 2022 expecting what he did in Bahrain every week
True, but if he can outperform Perez and give Merc the tactical options which VB often failed to provide, that will be good enough.

The longer Hamilton does not say a word I wonder which drivers will start ringing today for a drive?

Senna took so long to decide for 1993 until he was sure Mclaren had a competitive engine they had to sign Michael Andretti to please Marlboro until he did decide and it was a race by race deal before he committed for the whole season

In the extremely unlikely event that Hamilton did walk away, for Mercedes to resign Bottas would seem like utter madness.

I'd stick Nyck De Vries in the car tomorrow. He knows the team as he's already the test driver and he'd win Mercedes some of the Dutch fans currently all following Verstappen.

You couldn't even say that it would leave Merc with two rookies because Russell raced for Mercedes and De Vries has tested for them.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

But saying all of that, Hamilton will be in the car next season.

Strange things have happened in F1 I want to see which of the drivers would so desperate to break their contract to do it

Schumacher jnr is Ferrari reserve so will there be pressure on the two drivers to get him in the seat for 2023

Schumacher wont be ferrari in 2023, unless Sainz or Leclerc is poached because they have got to 2 of the best drivers on the grid although i know that tough as we do have fantastic strength in depth with the Drivers, i cant remember a time it was so strong.

There will be enormous pressure to get Mick in the seat. Ferrari don’t need those “2 of the best drivers on the grid” when there’s another potential best driver on the grid waiting in the wings, he’s now their official reserve for ‘22 so he’ll be in their simulator for direct comparisons.
The decision won’t just be made on driving terms.
Still, we need to see 2022 to determine who takes the seats for ‘23… the Ferrari could be a shitheap which Sainz and/or Leclerc are happy to walk away from.

Last edited:
Still, we need to see 2022 to determine who takes the seats for ‘23… the Ferrari could be a shitheap which Sainz and/or Leclerc are happy to walk away from.
very true its like people talk about Hamilton v Verstappen part 2 in 2022, when nothing is guaranteed with the biggest upheaval since 1998. it is possible but i feel for him to get in the seat, he would have to have a much better car & would have to be a russell type effect to get in

Despite all the hype I'm not sure Schumacher is the real thing, there have been very few successful sons of WDC's, he hasn't exactly shone in the Hass, for him to be a consideration he needed to do a Russell on Mazepin and he hasn't, there again Ferrari have never been logical with driver choices it's more an emotional decision.

Dartman - whilst I agree about not shining in the Haas, I don't think anyone could shine in that shit-heap.

Basically, Haas are running the same car that they ended 2020 with, with the adjustments to the floor to meet the regulations. This has created a car that is very loose at the rear, and every time the drivers actually push it, the rear breaks away, and sends them to the scene of an accident. You could see this in Bahrain, but Schumacher had basically the same accident in Saudi. I suspect that even Hamilton or Verstappen would have been having a series of accidents in that car....

Of course, Haas have been diligently working behind the scenes all season, throwing all of their money on developing the 2022 car, so we should expect to see them on pole in a few months time...

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back
Top Bottom