Pre-Season F1 2022

isnt it fortunate we’re not stuck in history where cars were moved from hazardous positions and drivers had to avoid everything else as if they had a steering wheel and a learning brain

Anyone bored with one driver and team running away with both championships yet?
We ve had that before in the 90's and 00's and 10's. I don't mind it's Leclerc or Sainz both got better class than Verstappen. It's good for F1 that Ferrari are back

Had it been Verstappen with Horner and Marko blowing his trumpet every week they will turn a lot of people away from F1

My favourite part is how the safety car either ****s you up or benefits you massively, purely based on where you are on the circuit when it is deployed.
It's a very American thing isn't it. It's a waste of time watching the first 195 laps of Indy 500 because the number of Yellow flags and pace cars screw the race up royally.

Probably the easiest solution to help in F1 would be to drop the mandatory pit stop bollocks.

I can't imagine they could run the race backwards as the run off areas and barriers are all in the wrong place and it would be a major job to rework it.

Has anyone asked Brands Hatch if they have a date free?

Neither has the Las Vegas strip but we'll be there next year.
Yes, but as FB posts money talks and Las Vegas appears to have the money, Donnington was nearly destroyed last time they tried to upgrade it and Brands apparently has no ambition to upgrade to F1 standards after Silverstone was given the the British GP contract apparently forever. Both would need some guarantee for future events for an investment of that nature, I have no knowledge of Donnington but Brands would be very difficult to upgrade due to its topography, unfortunately as much as I would like to see a return to Brands Hatch.

Last edited:
Yes, all very true but the point still stands, it's not about not having an FIA accreditation, it's about not having the cash. If there was a will there would be a way.

Just because Brands would be way to small and narrow to host a GP wouldn't make a difference if a rich Middle Eastern chap decided he fancied watching a race there.

but money has always been the biggest factor. started by Bernie way before my time. we werent going to Hungary in 80s, Bahrain, Malaysia, China, Abu Dhabi in 00s because they were hot beds of F1

although i agree that you dont want customer cars, nobody was complaining about haas for the last 2 years

True - but people were bitterly complaining about TRacing Point back in 2020...

First rule in F1, complain, report or object to any competitor more successful than you for any action or innovation you either haven't thought of or can't include in your present car within an early timeframe.

its the hypocritical nature of F1 they only care about teams breaking the rules if they are competitive LOL . as proven with mercedes zeropods. huge uproar, 2 weeks nobody cares if they legal as Lewis went out in Q1

I'm not sure that that's true. Back in 1995, there was huge furore about Ligier suddenly presenting a car that was (frankly) a carbon copy of the B195 (whilst back in the day, it was said that there wasn't a single interchangeable part, it has since emerged that Ligier engineers came into the Benetton factory, in Benetton team kit, used the Benetton moulds to produce their aero parts, and shipped them off to the Ligier factory).

Similarly, Sauber's 2004 car was basically a carbon-copy of the 2003 Ferrari:

I've never quite got on top of Super Aguri's use of year-old BAR chassis - even if they had been sold the intellectual rights, it still hadn't been designed in house.

Prodrive had signed up to compete in F1 in 2008(?), with Mercedes engines, and year-old McLaren chassis

Back
Top Bottom