Gaming F1 2010 Online League

I do have a steering wheel which is PS3 compatible, but nowhere to 'use' it stably, if you get what I mean

I had the same problem with my wheel, I used to use an ironing board until I invested in a proper stand.

As for the Assists, none of the leagues use ABS, you don't really need it anyway. As for TC and other assists, the lower leagues can use them but as you get higher the only assist you are allowed is automatic gears. From experience it is faster without assists.

Yeah you don't need ABS, having traction control off at Singapore though is nearly impossible, a spin in every two laps is unavoidable.

What other assists are there? I haven't played the game in a while...can go faster without ABS, TC am not sure about, definitely need automatic gears at the moment as I haven't really tried the game wihtout it

Other assists are: Driving Line, Automatic Pit lane speed limiter, Automatic Pit box.

I think the throttle control has been improved for 2011, it is easier with a wheel and pedals though. Very hard to balance the throttle with your finger.

It's better than the old ps2 controllers though at least because R2 is at least a lot better to use than the X button which wrecked my thumb

Other assists are: Driving Line, Automatic Pit lane speed limiter, Automatic Pit box.

Oh that's fine, driving line will be a bit of nuisance at the start, but the rest are fine, I hate the Automatic Pit box anyway.

I think the throttle control has been improved for 2011, it is easier with a wheel and pedals though. Very hard to balance the throttle with your finger.

Tell that to Vettel :p

Judging by the time I have got so far, works out as 86/144. not too shabby

To be honest Yorkie , comparing the times, we are equal in Korea, you're a bit faster than me in Spa but I'm a few seconds faster in Monaco

Monaco isn't my strongest, neither is Korea. One of my fastest is Suzuka but the TT isn't there.

I'm not a fan of Korea my only race there ended at the second corner!

Spa is my strongest, hate Monaco can never be consistent in it with a controller, Korea is just one of those ones where I think I would just be competitive in.

Also, I love Australia and Turkey.

It's quite a big process just to get into a league eh? Kind of puts you off...

With a big process though it means certainly you avoid the 'crashers' and such that plague the open races in F1 2010.

There's a lot of organising to do. Once you in though you feel part of a community. I think the Xbox side of things is a little more tricky as they haven't expanded the number of leagues and they were suffering with quite a few drop outs so they need to know drivers are keen to allow them in a league.

The pyramid structure works for PS3, even though they are 10 leagues at the moment there are only 4 tiers so if you are really fast it won't take long until your noticed and propelled into one of the top 3 leagues.

Sunday nights, usually at 8pm but will be racing a little later due to the Canadian GP this week.

Back
Top Bottom