Gaming F1 2010 Clip The Apex Racing Leagues.

This is some of the bugs that have been posted:

The only problem i had was when i got out of the pits in Monaco, the other cars were racing on the pit line. Vettel just smashed into me and i got a penalty [damage was off].

I think thats just realistic game play.

Someone else is moaning because their race engineer has a Geordie accent!

Another complaint is that someone can't see the start lights from the back of the grid.

I'll have a go myself as soon as possible and report anything that does seriously affect gameplay.

The only problem i had was when i got out of the pits in Monaco, the other cars were racing on the pit line. Vettel just smashed into me and i got a penalty [damage was off].
What does he expect being on Vettel's right? LOL

F1Yorkshire said:
Someone else is moaning because their race engineer has a Geordie accent!
ROFL

Is it Rob Smedley?

It says there is too much grip when its wet with wet tyres, what a load of :censored:. In Malyasia in the wet before i was slipping all over the place and tip-toeing around the corners, they arent half nit-picking there

McLarenSupremo said:
Probably, i definitely had the aids off and it was very very realistic.
Done much F1 driving then have you? :D

Just kidding, I can't wait to see what it's like....if I get the time to play it that is :disappointed:

Downloaded this from Steam on the PC. Only driven a few laps on the time trial section, but found the car generally very easy to control.

Then I realised I had all the driver aids turned on :embarrassed:

Turning them off is a whole different kettle of fish

fat_jez said:
Downloaded this from Steam on the PC. Only driven a few laps on the time trial section, but found the car generally very easy to control.

Then I realised I had all the driver aids turned on :embarrassed:

Turning them off is a whole different kettle of fish

So everything was fine until you started to brake for the corner and then you ended up facing the wrong way in the gravel? The only problem with button control is you can't apply the right amount of throttle or brake, until I get myself a wheel and pedals I will be keeping the throttle control and anti-skid aids on.

F1Yorkshire said:
So everything was fine until you started to brake for the corner and then you ended up facing the wrong way in the gravel? The only problem with button control is you can't apply the right amount of throttle or brake, until I get myself a wheel and pedals I will be keeping the throttle control and anti-skid aids on.

I'm using a wheel and pedals already, but not sure if they are quite set up properly. I've downloaded some newer drivers to try out.

One concern is there is a VERY long list of bugs on the Codemasters forums :o

fat_jez said:
I'm using a wheel and pedals already, but not sure if they are quite set up properly. I've downloaded some newer drivers to try out.

Are you slamming the pedals down to accelerate? Because you really can't do that, you'll just spin. Which I do a lot :D. I really need new wheel and pedals; the PS3 R2 trigger is not really good enough for it (in my opinion - not enough distance). Annoyingly I already have a wheel and pedals, but it isn't supported. :(

fat_jez said:
F1Yorkshire said:

One concern is there is a VERY long list of bugs on the Codemasters forums :o

I saw that list, most of the them seem to be minor cosmetic issues or people who may have the settings wrong and complaining due to too much grip.

The only significant ones are the claims that punctures happen too often but I suppose that is down to how someone is driving and the claim that penalties are too harsh but again that could be down to the persons driving style.

I'm going to be spending a lot of time on it this weekend so will see how many of these bugs are actual game errors or just down to people thinking its an arcade racer.

One thing I am finding is a new appreciation for Bahrain, in terms of it being nowhere near as flat and boring to drive as it is to watch.

All the Tilke tracks are a pleasure to drive. When playing 2009 I very rarely made any mistakes on his tracks but struggled more on the older traditional tracks.

This time tomorrow my PS3 should have arrived so I will be joining you all in the gravel traps.

F1Yorkshire said:
All the Tilke tracks are a pleasure to drive. When playing 2009 I very rarely made any mistakes on his tracks but struggled more on the older traditional tracks.

That's an interesting point for debate, actually. Are Tilke's tracks easier to drive than the older ones? Unfortunately, outside of games, it's not a question that can easily be answered.

Saying that, I quite enjoy driving Australia, which I don't believe is a Tilke track. I've not driven many more as yet, I still have that pleasure to come. :)

Back
Top Bottom