Gaming F1 2010 Clip The Apex Racing Leagues.

fat_jez said:
F1Yorkshire said:
All the Tilke tracks are a pleasure to drive. When playing 2009 I very rarely made any mistakes on his tracks but struggled more on the older traditional tracks.

That's an interesting point for debate, actually. Are Tilke's tracks easier to drive than the older ones? Unfortunately, outside of games, it's not a question that can easily be answered.

Saying that, I quite enjoy driving Australia, which I don't believe is a Tilke track. I've not driven many more as yet, I still have that pleasure to come. :)

Oz is a nice place to drive but I always seem to mess up the final 2 corners. What driving mode are you starting with? I'm thinking of doing a quick season just to get used to the PS3 controls then going for the full career mode.

F1Yorkshire said:
Oz is a nice place to drive but I always seem to mess up the final 2 corners. What driving mode are you starting with? I'm thinking of doing a quick season just to get used to the PS3 controls then going for the full career mode.

Easy to begin with (which is really too easy).

I think (from memory) I have all the driving aids on, except the braking assist (i.e. I choose my own braking points). Turning off traction control makes the cars pretty twitchy to drive, so I can see why the teams spent so long trying to covertly implement it before it was legalised (and since banned again).

Easy is definately too easy!

I managed to win all but 2 races in a Toro Rosso my 1st season, moved to Ferrari the next season and I didn't bother with qualifying and still won the same amount of races. Moved to McLaren for my third season and never lost a race even though I was starting at the back.

I prefer to have brake and steering assist off. With the manual gears I'm fine changing up but struggle to change down after errors. Instead of getting straight back on track I tend to get bogged down and lose more time trying to get the car in the right gear :embarrassed:

I still have the racing line enabled, since it's something I have trouble picking out. Once I've got the hang of braking points, I'll start cutting back on the traction control. Manual gears will be the last thing I enable, since like you I often forget to change back to the right gear when having an off (or I change down too many and get stuck in neutral!).

I've spent many years playing Gran Turismo where there is no clear racing line so I know I can usually 'clip the apex' (sorry had to say it).

I think it will be easier to get to grips with the gears on the PS3 as there is no KERS this year.

The wii control setup was quite poor. Your right thumb was used for accelerating and braking while your left thumb had to change gears and operate KERS at the same time which made starting incredibly difficult.

Finally got my PS3 this lunchtime, seemed like I was waiting forever for it LOL

Anyway I have had my 1st quick run through the game,

Raced Bahrain to Canada on 10% race distance, I'm very impressed with the look and the feel of the game so far, anytime you make an error and put a wheel off track its either going to result in your car spinning or a warning for cutting the corner which is fair, I'm very impressed with the rain so far but the leaders all pitted for dry tyres on the 2nd to last lap which resulted with my little Virgin getting into 11th place maybe you wouldn't get the same error on full race distance.

I'm going to get my log in sorted for PSN and then I'll have some fun in Singapore and Korea before starting the career mode.

UPDATE:

Excellent damage model. I clipped a wall in Singapore and damaged my nose so the engineer told me to adjust the front wing to compensate!

Not so impressed with the Korea track though, its a cross between Bahrain and Valencia. I never actually finished that race as my nice team mate forced me into a wall, I spun and ended up blocking the track and a few other cars hit me and I was black flagged for causing multiple collisions!

I like the audio name feature in the profile settings. From now on I'm known as "McLovin"

As there are not enough of us with the same gaming machine to have a serious league I've managed to find a league online that is accepting new players.

They have leagues set up for all formats and your assigned a division depending on a set time trial over 3 courses.

Register at http://www.apexracingleague.co.uk and post a time before midnight tonight to qualify. All the instructions are on their forum and I'm using my signature on there to advertise CTA.

Hopefully I'll see some of you on there.

Back
Top Bottom