DTM 2012

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
DTM 2012 promises to be quite different from other years gone by. With New Regulations and BMW returning to the Championship for the first time since 1993, this has the possibility to be one of the closest ever DTM championships.

Confirmed drivers already:

Audi :
Mattias Ekstrom
Rahel Frey
Timo Schneider
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA

BMW:
Augusto Farfus
Joey Hand
Andy Priaulx
Bruno Spengler
Martin Tomczyk
TBA

Mercedes:
Gary Paffett
Ralf Schumacher
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA

2011 Champion Martin Tomczyk moves from Audi to BMW, with Bruno Spengler moving from Mercedes to BMW.

This seasons calendar:

RoundCircuitDate
1 Hockenheimring 29 April
2 EuroSpeedway Lausitz 6 May
3 Brands Hatch, Kent 20 May
4 Red Bull Ring, Spielberg 3 June
5 Norisring, Nuremberg 1 July
NC Showevent Olympiastadion München 14–15 July
6 Nürburgring 19 August
7 Circuit Park Zandvoort 26 August
8 Motorsport Arena Oschersleben 16 September
9 Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia 30 September
10 Hockenheimring 21 October

Can't wait for this season to get underway and see who else will be confirmed at Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

Cheers. Shame that it's not free-to-air, but free sport is becoming a rarity unfortunately:(

It used to be on Motorstv. At one point but we can't afford to have ESPN aswell as having Sky. TBH i prefer watching the DTM on the computer, as i normally forgot when it was on the tele.

What great news that BMW are back, that should help to reinvigorate what had become a stale series, for me anyway.

Such a shame that it's not available on any of the channels I receive though, I'm not really a fan of watching online.

I'm now watching re-broadcasts of the DTM on SPEED for the 2011 season, which they now show, after the completion of the F1 season. The DTM have great looking and sounding cars, but the drivers don't lean on each other as much as is done in the BTTC, which has made me a big fan of Jason Plato. BMW entering in the fray of the DTM, with it's outstanding driver lineup, should make this a series to watch and not miss.

I watched DTM on speed once, ended up losing a lot of weight and chewing the inside of my cheek to shreds. Or have I misunderstood?

Ralf Schumacher's still racing???! Well worth watching! :)

With BMW back I might give it a watch, but I can never find coverage of it anymore, I found the highlights occasionally on Sky Sports once or twice.

Well we've had a British interest in DTM over many seasons so I'm not sure this is any reason for them to buy it from ESPN. I hope they do though, again more for my £10.00
**** the BBC!

I think the deal for SKY to show the highlights may be over, as was really a marketting tool to get people to pay the extra £9 a month for the ESPN channels over and above the normal sports channels. In a strangely unconnected turn of events, I ordered ESPN from SKY last weekend after finding out they were not going to release X-Games footage even for a highlights show to any other channel this year, so now I get two sports to watch and justify the cost :D

Back
Top Bottom