DRS & Wing Turbulence

ecclestoned

Points Scorer
Contributor
While all sorts of thoughts about tyre managment,KERS,DRS were spooking through my head,suddenly a storm set in in my "brain"swelling up into a serious twister.
After this psychedelic trip I can now clearly see that DRS should not be restricted to a specific sector, but allowed all over the track ,whenever and wherever a racer wants to integrate it into his strategy.
This might well separate the men from the boys,who knows, it could even help a good DRS pilot to reduce the number of pit stops,or reel in a genuinly faster car thanks to his DRS skills.
The only restriction on using "it" should be when 2 (or more) cars get within the proximity of each other within a 1 sec window,where the wing then closes automatically for hunter and prey...

...DRS should not be restricted to a specific sector, but allowed all over the track ,whenever and wherever a racer wants to integrate it into his strategy...
...The only restriction on using "it" should be when 2 (or more) cars get within the proximity of each other within a 1 sec window,where the wing then closes automatically for hunter and prey...

Interesting variation of the "Unrestricted Use" theme. And while I can appreciate the inspired state of mind necessary to summon these kinds of intellectual breakthrough's, one must remember the entire thought process behind the DRS.

It's mandate was to help drivers close up on each other.

Years from now when Adrian Newey's grandchildren have solved the dilemma's that turbulence can impart on a race car, systems that help separate cars from each other might need to be employed.

Removing turbulence of any mass moving through atmosphere is impossible.That applies not only to racing cars but anything.
Even a birds feather dropping through the atmoshere creates turbulence.

Wing turbulence.
turbulence.jpg

Back
Top Bottom