Did McLaren Jump the Gun with Pérez?

I tell you what I see at McLaren right now, two testosterone fuelled drivers, ready to drive for the championship and what do they find, they find themselves driving a cruddy car.
They can't race to win races, but they can race to look good. McLaren need to sort out their car and fast.

You consider this a likely scenario?
If they had worked together and cleared Webber, then yes, very likely, once past him, they could have gone hell for leather at each other for all I care.

Brogan - No, Perez is at fault for being an amatuer about things and slowing both Mclarens down. Jenson is to blame as well in a different way, but the only time Perez was getting close to Jenson was when Jenson was being held up by whoever was ahead at that time (Rosberg and Webber at different points of the GP). If he had no attacked then, they both had a good chance of getting past Webber. Once past, they could have gone for it, but watching the early part of the GP, Jenson was pulling away from Perez up until getting stuck behind another car. I honestly didnt think it was that difficult to see.

RickD. Sergio was faster than Jenson, Sergio had one pitstop less than Jenson and sergio finished 4 places higher than Jenson. The team allowed them to race and Sergio won and Jenson lost. There was hard racing from both of them but in any race there are winners and losers. Isolate the McLaren drivers this weekend and you will find a clear winner and a clear loser. Jenson isn't blaming Perez. Jenson is blaming his own inability to manage the tyres in the race, particularly after dicing with Grosjean. Even Webber beats Vettel sometimes. Just take it on the chin.

Brogan - No, I wouldn't, not that early in the race when tyres are an issue. If the tyres were not the major issue in F1 at the moment, then maybe not, but when you are costing the team by fighting that early in a race and pulling yourselves back into other cars, it is ridiculous.

Button does loads wrong, I have never denied that, in fact, I said above that it wouldn't have mattered which way around they finished as long as they had waitied, but apparently that's bias of me?!?

Whitmarsh and Segio's points of view, too. All agree that Sergio was driving overly aggressively. Some mention of Jenson driving overly aggressively too but no complaint about it. I think Sergio just sees it all as racing but is learning that racing in F1 is not the same as the racing he is used to. It is a more mild-mannered form of racing, apparently.

Jenson also hails Sergio's speed in the same sentence as acknowledging the points Sergio scored for the team.

ExtremeNinja - Try watching the race again as you obviously do not seem to know what you are talking about.

If you were able to be objective then I might seem to know what I am talking about and so might Button, Perez, Whitmarsh, Brundle, Croft, Davidson, Anderson and pretty much everyone who is not you. The only reason I seem not to is because of your seemingly blinkered, biased, fanatic and warped interpretation of some very very straightforward events.

You can click Hide All at the bottom left and then click the driver names on the left of the chart for the ones you want.

Hide all / Show all (Click a driver name to toggle that row on or off)

OK. That's brilliant by the way. Jenson overtook Perez with DRS when the train caught the slower two stopping Grosjean. He then struggled for a few laps to defend the position until futility took it away from him and handed it back to Perez. Perez stormed off up the road and Button limped around having burnt his tyres out trying to defend his quicker teammate. The lapchart tells the same story.

You need the following drivers: Rosberg, Webber, Raikonnen, Button, Perez and Grosjean.

RickD. If you download the live timing app you can download a full replay of the live timing. The app will cost you £25 on an iPhone or you can get the app for free and then get each race as PPV.

You are telling me to watch the race again and yet it is you digging around for a single shred of evidence to support your claims, of which you have found none.

Back
Top Bottom