COTA Live: United States Grand Prix 2023

Do any of you have tips and insight for a first timer? I've been to Indycar before but I'm sure F1 is a beast of its own. I appreciate any help I can get from those of you who have been to a race before.

Are Silverstone Tickets a lot of money? COTA is still reasonable compared to Miami and Las Vegas.
they are likely properly priced as it sells out every year. but just the sunday it is £279 for general admission & £319 - £739 for grandstand seat. there no way i can afford that. espically compared to football where my teams season ticket for 1 adult & 1 child for 23 games costs £500

they are likely properly priced as it sells out every year. but just the sunday it is £279 for general admission & £319 - £739 for grandstand seat. there no way i can afford that. espically compared to football where my teams season ticket for 1 adult & 1 child for 23 games costs £500
Wow! That's a really good deal for 23 games! I wish F1 was cheaper. A 3-Day ticket for Indycar is only $100+ depending on what you get.

I've been to F1 races in the UK, Germany and Italy and the level of exploitation varied. For example, in the UK the circuit pays a fortune to FOM, which they barely recover through ticket sales so they then charge the concessions a small fortune which means a burger or an ice cream means you need a second mortgage.

Germany was better, although I think Hockenheim might have been as they got a special deal from FOM the year I went as the Nürburgring had reneged on their contract.

Italy was a disgrace. You paid €5 for a coffee, €15 for an inedible sandwich, and they confiscated power packs at the gate so you had to hire one off the "official" power pack supplier to keep your phone alive during the day.

How things will be in COTA I have no idea, but don't think you will get close to any of the drivers unless you have paid a king's ransom for special tickets, don't expect to be able to do a pit walk unless you have paid extra, and I suspect a programme will be about the same as your ticket.

Enjoy the weekend, but be prepared to pay, and pay, and pay.

I've been to F1 races in the UK, Germany and Italy and the level of exploitation varied. For example, in the UK the circuit pays a fortune to FOM, which they barely recover through ticket sales so they then charge the concessions a small fortune which means a burger or an ice cream means you need a second mortgage.

Germany was better, although I think Hockenheim might have been as they got a special deal from FOM the year I went as the Nürburgring had reneged on their contract.

Italy was a disgrace. You paid €5 for a coffee, €15 for an inedible sandwich, and they confiscated power packs at the gate so you had to hire one off the "official" power pack supplier to keep your phone alive during the day.

How things will be in COTA I have no idea, but don't think you will get close to any of the drivers unless you have paid a king's ransom for special tickets, don't expect to be able to do a pit walk unless you have paid extra, and I suspect a programme will be about the same as your ticket.

Enjoy the weekend, but be prepared to pay, and pay, and pay.
Yeah, I expect there would be price gouging like in any big event. Some football games charge $5 for a small water, its nuts! I don't really plan on getting much stuff while I'm at the track. I hardly ever get anything when I'm at an event. But hopefully the viewing experience is nice, some of my friends said that the views from the GA area at Turn 1 was cool. I'm definitely not paying for the pit pass or whatever, that's a joke. I don't want to run into celebrities who don't deserve to be there. It's crazy because Indycar and IMSA have such cheap tickets for the race and pit passes.

Back
Top Bottom