Christian Horner - Team Principal?

J

johnnoble1990

Do we know if David Coulthard is likely doing the pit walks next year. I really like David, but I can see Martin embarrassing him live on air when it comes to interviewing drivers. I'm guessing most teams will prefer to talk to BBC though. Christian Horner's made that very clear at autosport awards. "What's that saying? Show me the money?"

When Red Bull want some publicity and CH wants to boast about their latest pole or win I get the feeling that if the Sky man says "may I have an interview please Mr Horner" he'll be there like a shot.
That is all Christian is good at ...blowing the Red Bull trumpet

It certainly does make him better at more than "blowing the Red Bull trumpet", though - whether you like him or not. As his employer, my primary concern would be whether he was delivering and earning his wages. He's not the sort of bloke I'd go down the pub with, but I'd have no qualms about signing his pay cheques at the end of the month.

It certainly does make him better at more than "blowing the Red Bull trumpet", though - whether you like him or not. As his employer, my primary concern would be whether he was delivering and earning his wages. He's not the sort of bloke I'd go down the pub with, but I'd have no qualms about signing his pay cheques at the end of the month.

he is just a messenger boy. You might as well get Helmut Marko be the team principal because he pretty much runs the team except for Webber who deals with Dietrich directly which irritates him

If people think Whitmarsh is a useless team principal..Horner is even worse..it is just that he's got Adrian Newey to thank for the teams success

I remember Horner getting cocky about " Who needs ride height when Red Bull got pole in China 2010" He was not laughing the next day when they were outsmarted by Button and Mclaren

I've made my point clear about his double standards over team order situation..he was quick to criticise Ferrari for Hockenheim 2010 and saying " We are a team of equal opportunities" ..and it certainly was not that at SIlverstone last year

I think that it is quite clear that I dot think Christia Horner is solely responsible for all of Red Bull's successes. Although, not to be duplicitous I a sure if they were not succeeding, then he would have all of thier failures attributed to him.

My point is that he has done a bloody good job as team principal. You are welcome to disagree, although it would take a lot to convince me. I am open to hear your arguments against if you would like to put them forward.

I think that it is quite clear that I dot think Christia Horner is solely responsible for all of Red Bull's successes. Although, not to be duplicitous I a sure if they were not succeeding, then he would have all of thier failures attributed to him.

My point is that he has done a bloody good job as team principal. You are welcome to disagree, although it would take a lot to convince me. I am open to hear your arguments against if you would like to put them forward.

lets say if Hamilton and Vettel come together if they were ever in the same team there would be some serious fireworks and he would not know how to handle it..the fact that Webber and Vettel clashed and he subsequently changed his opinion after Helmut decided to have his say says all .

What does it say, apart from "it all"?

The fact Horner basically decided to change his mind to agree with his superior from having originally blamed Vettel to blame Webber

He is spineless and not standing by his words or either keeping his mouth shut and saying he's spoken to both guys and moved on
unlike Whitmarsh last year Canada who did not blame either driver in front of the TV and kept it behind closed doors

I don;t need to go over the front wing row again but I would say that had that happened to Alonso he would have kicked the door or the wall down in the garage. That was pathetic management by Horner and was only really saved by Vettel winning the last race to champ in 2010 otherwise it would have looked like an even more foolish decision

He's doing his job and doing it well. He won some much more decisive rows which would have negated a lot of his team's technical advantage when up against half the team bosses on the grid.

The Webber/Vettel crash handling was a poor bit of PR but it could have been a lot worse. The long term effects on Red Bull's productivity pale into near insignificance when you consider the team's successes.

It seems to me that you just don't like him or have a beef with him or don't like his management style. You said he had no use for anything other than "blowing Red Bull's trumpet". Let me know if you still stand by that statement and I'll accept your verdict as an opinion that I either disagree or agree with and we'll leave it there.

He's doing his job and doing it well. He won some much more decisive rows which would have negated a lot of his teams technical advantage when up against half the team bosses on the grid.

The Webber, Vettel crash handling was a poor bit of PR but it could have been a lot worse. The long term effects on Red Bull's productivity pale into near insignificance when you consider the team's successes.

It seems to me that you just don't like him or have a beef with him or don't like his management style. You said he had no use for anything other than "blowing Red Bull's trumpet". Let me know if you still stand by that statement and I'll accept your verdict as an opinion that I either disagree or agree with and we'll leave it there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People have a go at Whitmarsh for his poor management style but Horner is terrible because of

Turkey 2010
SIlverstone 2010 - front wing
Silverstone 2011 - team orders

All he is good for is blowing the Red Bull trumpet when the press want to speak to someone

If Newey left the team would be nothing .

As I 've said he does not like upsetting Helmut and just toes the line with him...even with the situation regarding the Toro Rosso drivers.

He's lucky to be team principal of Red Bull..although he is not as bad as Flavio Briatore who really blows his own trumpet for the successes at Benetton and Renault

Other than being the messenger boy for Red Bull..Helmut might as well run the team and Horner would not be missed

I'll be interesting to see what happens the next time Webber and Vettel have another volatile situation

I think he is doing a good job. Would he be able to do as good a job with no Adrian Newey, or no Red Bull cash? How knows, but, lets face it, he does not have to.

The team came from a midfield outfit with one race win in its history, to double world champions, and a position as the team to beat, so he must be doing something right.

I have found it a little tricky to warm to him in the past, as he has for want of a more objective observation, come across as a little, "smarmy" or Smug, however, there are some instances, e.g. some of the pieces for the BBC last year where he also came across as quite human.

He continues to have the confidence of his team, and the bosses, so although I am not privee to the inside track at Red Bull, despite driving past the factory a few times, I have no beef with the chap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People have a go at Whitmarsh for his poor management style but Horner is terrible because of

Turkey 2010
SIlverstone 2010 - front wing
Silverstone 2011 - team orders

All he is good for is blowing the Red Bull trumpet when the press want to speak to someone

If Newey left the team would be nothing .

As I 've said he does not like upsetting Helmut and just toes the line with him...even with the situation regarding the Toro Rosso drivers.

He's lucky to be team principal of Red Bull..although he is not as bad as Flavio Briatore who really blows his own trumpet for the successes at Benetton and Renault

Other than being the messenger boy for Red Bull..Helmut might as well run the team and Horner would not be missed

I'll be interesting to see what happens the next time Webber and Vettel have another volatile situation

Shall I take that as: "Yes ExtremeNinja, I stand by my statement that Christian Horner is good for nothing... Other than blowing the Red Bull trumpet?"

Back
Top Bottom