Che sconfiggerà i quali? - Auto 18 e 19¹

Who will beat whom?

• The Swiss Sportsman Of the Year if you ignore Roger Federer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So what is the point of Scuderia Toro Rosso? They're not competitive and Red Bull are understandably uninterested. They don't have much money, they don't have much hope, and they're scarcely better than old Minardi. Maybe there is a seat to be nabbed at the main team soon though...

So, will Mark Webber's replacement be the Swiss driver Sebastien Buemi, leader of one lap of the Canadian Grand Prix in 2010? He's had two years and he's troubled the bottom end of the scorers another time. A third year is often crucial.

Spain's undoubted number one driver² is Jaime Alguersuari, who had a consistent run of galling 11th placed finishes last year which included some impressive drives, and he arguably deserved more than 3 points. He's younger than Buemi, and he looks like he's making progress.

Or do you sit on the Mostro³ Fence and pretend the blue-red-gold cars don't exist.

Me? I'm going for the Simon Cowell look-a-like in the second car!

¹Italian for "Who will beat Whom - Cars 18 & 19"
²Alphabetically
³Italian for "Monster"

I've gone for Jaime on this one. Don't think his F1 career is going anywhere past the next couple of years (ha, watch that statement come around to bite me one day) but I think he's stronger than Seb B.

As for Torro Rosso, it all went wrong when they were banned from having hand me down Red Bull Chassis and had to go out into the big wide world and make their own.

I've voted for Alguersuari. Buemi's career has plateaued disappointingly early.

Are Toro Rosso that much worse now they're building their own cars than they were when they were running old RBRs? I know they had a good spell with Vettel but I thought they did reasonably well in 2010, given their budget and resources.

They're waiting for a buyer, clearly. But with guys like Giorgio Ascanelli involved, they are still capable of springing a surprise result in a chaotic event, and deserve their place on the grid.

I've gone against the grain and gone with Buemi, I think this next year will be the making or breaking of him and he may dissapear into the ex f1-drivers black hole, but I still think he will have the measure of his team mate (or at least when it counts, like last year, he managed to outscore Alguersuari).

My first choice is "who cares?"

I am far from impressed with either, but think that Buemi will continue to have the measure of his teammate. I fully expect both to disappear from F1 after this season. With the economy being the way it is, I also don't see buyers lining up to buy TR, so it may vanish as well.

siffert_fan said:
I fully expect both to disappear from F1 after this season.

From what I've read I think it's highly likely Red Bull's junior driver Daniel Ricciardo will replace one of them well before the end of this season. And in my assessment, rightly so.

Chad Stewarthill said:
Why don't they just ditch one or both of them now, with drivers like Heidfeld, Di Resta and Hulkenberg around? :s

I thought Di Resta had his Force India seat confirmed? Do Heidfeld and Hulkenberg bring sponsorship money to the table?

Are either Unpronouncable or Buemi likely to take over the Red Bull seat if Webber retires at the end of the season? If not why are they both been kept in the team?

I can't see Buemi winning this team battle. Alguersuari will trounce the Swiss... :bored:

**sighs** Who am I kidding. Battle? Trounce? :bored: Alguersuari will win this team contest but not by anything as exciting as trouncing anyone. I've voted for Alguersuari as I do think he's better than Buemi, but that is a poor yardstick when it comes to the comparing of team-mates...

In other news today;

Two people called at my door and asked me what bread I eat.
When I said 'white', they gave me a lecture on the benefits of
wholemeal bread for 30 minutes.

I think they were yer Hovis Witnesses...

F1Yorkshire said:
I thought Di Resta had his Force India seat confirmed? Do Heidfeld and Hulkenberg bring sponsorship money to the table?

Are either Unpronouncable or Buemi likely to take over the Red Bull seat if Webber retires at the end of the season? If not why are they both been kept in the team?
I am glad to say Di Resta has now been confirmed for Force India (although I'm not sure whether he had when I posted the comment)

I don't know if Heidfeld or Hulkenberg bring direct sponsor's money with them, but their presence in any team would presumably help that team to attract potential investors. Isn't the best way to succeed to assemble the best team you can muster, including the best drivers you can get, since sponsors are surely attracted by success?

Edit: on further search, I can't find any official confirmation anywhere, including the FI website, that Di Resta will be racing for Force India in 2011. All I can find is a line on the BBC site's 'gossip' page saying that he is 'said to have struck a deal' to replace Liuzzi (source: Autosport Magazine)

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
Alguersuari - Seems to have more bout him.

Yet i feel there both very average drivers.
Hard to call Algersuari at only 21, at this age Hamilton wasn't even in F1. There is still a lot of potential in Jamie, if only he had an experienced teammate...

Back
Top Bottom