Budget caps....let's talk

He has a point, bullying is rife, I’m sure Massi would agree.

Probably the best starter for 10 is not to break the rules in the first place and then try to manipulate the fans into thinking you’re a victim. That tends to annoy

it is ridiculous. its old the adage if you cant do the time, don't do the crime. you have expect criticism if your going to be (what is banded about) 1.8m over. maybe they will be more careful in staying with in the rules like the other 9 did

in the 2nd mention for Rihanna take a bow in a week Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not. Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught

just watching teds Notebook & he says that Red Bull 4 reasons for why they are above the budget cap but it wasnt on the car are
  • Catering (Appartantly as mad as it sounds that is correct)
  • They didnt include a tax rebate because they said they didnt know how much it would be & that refund wouldve put them under
  • Unused inventory that they say FIA changed their rules on half way through the season
  • Dan Fallows being on Gardening leave ahead of his move to Aston Martin

just watching teds Notebook & he says that Red Bull 4 reasons for why they are above the budget cap but it wasnt on the car are
  • Catering (Appartantly as mad as it sounds that is correct)
  • They didnt include a tax rebate because they said they didnt know how much it would be & that refund wouldve put them under
  • Unused inventory that they say FIA changed their rules on half way through the season
  • Dan Fallows being on Gardening leave ahead of his move to Aston Martin
Ironic that because they refused to release Fallows to AM they are caught over spending.. someone should have flagged that to them

I don't buy the free sandwiches excuse

the proof will be in the pudding & how well red bull do next season. i wouldve gone 25-50% on windtunnel time. because it feels lenient as well as 0.5 sec maximum hurt wouldnt change much. you look at verstappen in recent races half a second slower a lap he still wins & likely comfortably. .

if Red Bull dominate next season to same extent. it will open a can of worms. & people think a minor breach is acceptable then you got potential war between rulemakers & owners. they will want budget cap enforced as it cant be understated how massive it for part of liberty media long term vision

It's another nail in the coffin of f1 credibility.

A cap is supposed to be a limit and it was broken in 2021 yet the punishment has no impact till 2023.

How can you accept that this does not impact the legitimately of the 2021 and 2022 results?

Can some of the more techy members help me out with the severity of the wind tunnel penalty?

Wind tunnels didn’t pick up porpoising for instance.
Knowing Adrian Newey he is already working hard on making sure all the downforce has been captured before the restrictions

Incidentally tosspot Karen wants an apology from everyone my answer is kiss my a$$

Wind tunnels didn’t pick up porpoising for instance.
yeah toto wolff has said he can pinpoint when this season went wrong & it was in november when they saw the windtunnel figures & the ground effect seal they thought they had so build around it. but didnt take into account the bumpy circuits

Last edited:
Can some of the more techy members help me out with the severity of the wind tunnel penalty?

The restriction on wind tunnel time is definitely the most painful punishment imposed on Red Bull by the FIA. the team is the world champion among the constructors, it already had to settle for less wind tunnel time, namely 70%. The 10% penalty will be added to that, so Red Bull will have to make do with 63% wind tunnel time next year
Without punishment, Red Bull Racing's wind tunnel time in 2023 would amount to 224 runs, but the additional restriction imposed by the FIA reduces that number to 202 runs. In doing so, it will have to cut back considerably on the competition: Ferrari is allowed 240 runs, Mercedes 256. The restriction is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of the concluded agreement. That means the limit is valid until 26 October 2023

Screenshot_20221028-235344_Samsung Internet.jpg

although i agree with Horner on this. he is correct to say that no punishment was going to be acceptable. people have been baying for blood.

really FIA really need Ferrari & Mercedes to bring their A game in 2023 & challenge them. because worst case is if Verstappen canters to another title & look like they got off "Scot free" & if any other teams have a minor breach start push their luck. like F1 teams always have & the FIA have seemed to weaken budget cap maybe put in jeopardy the owners main vision, in a sport that cost them 5 billion. i dont know what would happen because technically liberty media in F1 case are FIA bosses.

Last edited:
FIA said they see no evidence of RBR's intention, that it was just a series of mistakes. 13 of them seems a lot and I was suspecting RBR of pushing the limit everywhere hoping that at least some of them would stick. But then I heard a comment during FP2 that all teams had a dry run in 2020, submiting the budgets as if they were under a cap to learn how to do it. The only team not doing it in 2020 was RBR. That explains the huge amount of errors compared to the other teams. The fact that they made errors in both ways supports that as well.

Back
Top Bottom