Boxing Thread

for me ill be on 5 live best of both worlds i satifify my curiosity & not funding there ludicrous farce. also costello & bunce are arguably the best boxing commentary in thr business also im saving my money for the proper fight which should be amazing golovkin v canelo. which should be 2nd best fight of the year
IMG_20170823_194705.png

Although with the build up i cant deny it. he is very charming & then teamed with success. i can see why he has such a huge fanbase, why hoards of irish have travelled & will buy box office but everyone got to stay logical this is his 1st ever fight. as put above he is taking on 1 of the greats in boxing who has taken on everyone & beaten everyone. can you imagine putting joshua in against klitschko in his very 1st professional fight he was quality but would be knocked out.

also they are both quality racing drivers but you wouldnt expect Jason Plato to beat Lewis Hamilton in F1 race or Vice Versa in a BTCC race

He did knock out Paulie Malignaggi during sparring. And they are wearing 8oz gloves, instead of 10, which favours McGregor.

I really hope he wins from Mayweather, cause i don't like him.

true maybe, but we are still talking about malinaggi a alright welterweight, who turned into a a bit of journeyman fighter & a test for young welterweight to beat, just look at sam eggington in his final fight few months ago. he might have done well v Norwich in uncompetive friendly but hes about to play Bayern Munich in champions league final in his 1st ever fight

£20 for the fight? Yes, please, to watch either or both of those gonads get punched to the deck is well worth it.

Bayern München that hasn't had a match in years and are in their 40's F1Brits_90 .
He's 4 tot 1 in the bookies.

Hope i remember to not watch the news Sunday, cause i can't watch it that early.

Bayern München that hasn't had a match in years and are in their 40's F1Brits_90 .
He's 4 tot 1 in the bookies.

but this isnt the 1st time he has done this. had near 2 year break after beating hatton came back nearly 34 & beat marquez in dominant judges decision. then mayweather did it at nearly 36 & KOd oritiz in 4 rounds.

so time off is no bother for me espically as it probally be 5 or 6 round so fitness is no problem

anyone know where the humble pie emoji is :oops:LOL

as you know i was listening on the radio/iplayer. to costello & bunce who are the best in the business in boxing commentary when I woke up about 7am. it not an understatement to say i was a huge critic of this fight called it 1 of the biggest sporting mismatches & likeabilty cant overrule logic. but as i say instead of toast i had humble pie for breakfast. because Mayweather can consider himself a hugely fortunate man to still have his unbeaten record as conor mcgregor stunned me, exceeded any of my expectations, i find it amazing for him on his professional debut to perform like that & be that competitive where he dominant easily won the 1st 3 rounds. against 1 of great welterweights in history

now before i go on how much was it the old fa cup problem that befalls so many teams. where mayweather was far too complacent far it would be a pushover & didnt take it seriously or was mcgregor just that good as i dont mind admitting after 1st 4 rounds he converted me genuinely thought mcgregor would win & even steve bunce was saying he was on the verge of shocking the sporting world after them 1st 4 rds. you know what if mcgregor had been able to sustain the fitness he had over the 1st 4 over 9/10 rounds. he wouldve won it.

I don't understand that when you know you gotta do 12 rounds. You don't work on your stamina more.

The moment i heard he did cardio on a bike to get his fitness up, i was sceptical if it was enough, since it's not the best tot get in shape.

He did fine, but you could tell he was gassed out in rd 5.

Finally its been arranged last sunday Joshua v Parker will be the first world heavyweight title unification bout between unbeaten boxers since Tyson v Spinks in 1988

What do others think then. I think it will be interesting as only be 3rd time where Joshua will be fighting an opponent who thinks they can win after Martin & Kitchsko which i still believe was 1 of the greatest heavyweight title fights in last 25yrs. I dont want to underestimate Parker but i feel that this is a semi final to fight in wilder in july or october. Mainly because bellew wanted to fight Parker but publicly said he will never fight Joshua

So AJ KO 8-10rds still for me

I think Joshua will have learnt from his Klitschko fight and may try to end this sooner. I'll go Joshua to KO in the 4th or 5th.

Back
Top Bottom