Boxing Thread

In boxing news today we can report that a giant homophobic misogynist brute has changed his mind. This isn't surprising given his recent ridiculous outbursts, and it's already old news as he most likely won't fight again. But if we keep reporting this un-newsworthy nonsense there's a chance that other wrong 'uns will find a way to stage a fight between this bungling blockhead and some other chump, because there's money in it.

Sadly, I will probably watch.

Absolutely no one is going to trust him to turn up for a fight. He's going to be stripped of his belts anyway for not defending them in time so he should just call it quits.

That has to be one of the most epic slug outs I've ever seen. 11 rounds Haye v Bellew.
How Haye kept going after his ankle went. Just brutal. That was a proper fight.

Last edited:
I listened to it on the radio because i thought it was a mismatch & payday. I have to Hold my hands up Because despite everything i seriously underestimated Bellew was miles better than i expected. I said pre fight the only way he can win is if he takes him to 5th/6th rd, then capitalising on haye complacency & fitness doubts. But it was a massive if because i thought the weight advantage on punches would tell as. This is a Heavyweight v light heavyweight contest because bellew only at Cruiserweight because he wouldn't get winnable world title shot v Andre Ward, Adonis Stevenson, Kovalev & Nathan Cleverley at light heavyweight.

Im glad Haye didnt make excuses post fight "i gave my best & my best wasnt good enough" because any heavyweight with 2 weight advantage. Haye Should not have been in the 6th round to do his ankle. Poor tactics in early rounds but also coupled with a grit & great gameplan by bellew. This has to be Haye final serious fight or altogether. As he cant seriously challenge joshua, a wilder or a Fury/Klitchsko after this

Haye fought on one leg, if he hadn't he'd have destroyed Bellew by round 9. I was expecting Bellew to go through the canvas by round 5 but he won fair and square. Rematch, I hope, with Haye winning then retiring.

i think your doing bellew a disservice, because his game plan was to make sure he got to the later rounds because haye would tire & his punches would lessen. i think hear the fight & see clips it was a brilliant tactic. reason im probally harsh on haye is because he is 2 weights above bellew & just look at how joshua has smashed heavier & better heavyweights in less time. he only gone past 4rds twice & ruined a guy kevin johnson who went 12rds with kiltchscko in 2mins so much that ref had to help to his seat.

haye should if he had taken seriously had him out in rd3 max

No, I disagree. I watched it, you did not. Haye's performance, on one leg, from rounds 6-11 was heroic. If Haye had been fit Bellew's head would have left the ring before his body.

I did watch it as put on, just not live because didnt think it would go 3rds. Yes it was amazing for haye to keep fighting on that ankle for 5rds but he also was fighting a guy who had broken his hand 4rds previous. It was like lewis sometimes last season. That was a fantastic drive but he shouldn't have been in that situation after cocking up the start ive got to say i doubt it i saw nothing in 1st 5 rounds to say that he would have the KO we all expected needed to even keep up pretence that he could challenge joshua in july at Wembley. Because haye was complacent didnt have the fitness by rd7 he was blowing.

Im huge Brook fan & he fought amazing but golovkin fight is showed the weight advantage that haye shouldve.

Last edited:
i cant get exited for mcgregor v mayweather. as i think it has more on common with wwe than boxing. because its not sport because if mayweather turns up mcgregor 2 rounds tops. mcgregor is no boxer & hes taking on the pound for pound champion before he retired. also he went 49-0, what does a boxing beginner have that Manny Pacquiao Miguel Cotto or Oscar De La Hoya didnt

this is like Hamilton going to moto gp, chelsea playing saracens at rugby or England Cricket team taking on Americans at Baseball

F1Brits_90 Or like back in the day John Surtees doing F1 after motogp. ;)

Am not saying he can top what Pacquiao and sorts did, but who knows. He's bigger, has a massive one punching power and did some boxing in his younger says, so who knows what Will happen.

Saying he goes down in 2 Rounds is just ridiculous.

it probally wont go 2 rounds, i was say more mayweather at height of his powers would be 2 rounds. but he wont be at his best as he had over 2 years out. i still state he has a 1% chance victory because you can get a lucky shot

i agree with oscar de la hoya. as he's come out & said "You're going to ask McGregor to go inside a boxing ring, where he has no experience whatsoever, He's never laced up a glove. I call it a circus, What he needs to know is that I started boxing at 5 years old. I'm an Olympic gold medalist. I'm a 10-time world champion in six different weight classes. Yes, I was a bit older when I faced Mayweather but even I couldn't beat him. So what makes McGregor think that he can go in there, in his very 1st professional fight, having really no experience in the professional ranks and beat mayweather

Although that seems logical. Maybe McGregor has that naturel talent in him to adept quickly and really put the fight to Mayweather. The chances are slim , but I really do hope he does.

Heck even the bookies arent really sure what to do?

I worry about the nigel benn fight because they are both above 50 & don't fancy there chances of making 12rds or even 6, as there are younger & fitter fighters that have been worn out by rd8/9

talking about older boxers, quite stunned to hear pacquiao lost earlier this morning, I thought it would just straight forward win over a aussie guy just picked for the money, apparently it was dodgy uninamous decision but didn't see it but cant comment on judges. I guess he has 1 fight in him v amir khan

Back
Top Bottom