Blockbusters quiz

Thanks for that GM.
Great stuff.

BTW, I've changed the name of the main F1 page to "Formula One" from "Formula 1".
Just for your reference when you're entering the footer link in your new pages.

I'd like to point out at this point that I am a moron GM! Although I haven't gone as far back as Mansell, Schumacher wrapped up 2001 at the Hungaroring and I apologise for this factual error!

And its now your turn for an error-free question Mr. Murray!

Ah not to worry, 'tis easily done. It's actually good it inspired me to create that wiki page.

OK: Which L links John Surtees, Graham Hill, Gerard Larrousse and Ricardo Rosset?

I think that might be Lola.

Wasn't it:

Lola - Surtees
Embassy - Lola
Larousse - Lola
and Ricardo Rosset may have been one of the drivers for the ill fated Mastercard Lola team.

:) ?

Very good cider - absolutely right in all cases.

Rosset just missed out on Pole for Melbourne '97 by the tiniest of margins - 12.717 seconds.

Your turn!

Ok this one should be pretty easy.

Rubens recently passed Ricardo Patreses record for number of GPs. So my question is.

1) Who did Ricardo Patrese pass to become the driver with the most GPs

and

2) What was ironic about that person when he passed Graham Hills record to become the driver who had been in the most GPs.

It was Jacques Laffite... not quite sure how it was ironic!

I'm going to guess that he pitched Graham Hill off the road in 1974/5!?

Half correct teabagyokel.

Twas Jacques Laffite

but you havn't got part 2.

What happened when JL passed GH's mark ??

Sorry - messed up really.

Should have been which J did ricardo patrese beat to hold the record for most GPs

Not really in the block busters spirit.

The Ironic thing was that the race where Jacques laffite finally passed Graham hills mark was also his final race due to his really bad crash at the start of the Brit GP.

Over to you teabagyokel

Yeah. I remember it well. It delayed the GP by nearly two hours. I seem to remember he was punted in the rear by Derick Warrick. But it was chaos at the start.

Jacques "No-Feet"

Rather poor taste but luckily Jacques has always seen the funny side. These days he's French TV's version of Martin Brundle, incidentally.

Aother Wild stab in the Dark here, but is it Ride Hieght?

Theres only two drivers that i can think of who have been DQed, after winnig the race and they are M Schumacher in 94 and Senna 89, The winner of the latter lead laps during the race, but im not so sure about Schmis race though.

He got DQed because the skid block was worn too much indicating that the ride hieght was too low, perhaps this happened with the other two Drivers

I can see your thinking, but I'm afraid it wasn't ride height, although you are right about Micheal Schumacher's DSQ in 1994.

The fourth last driver to win a Grand Prix without leading it was Niki Lauda in the almost night race 1978 Italian Grand Prix, when the lead was exchanged between Mario Andretti and Gilles Villenuve who both jumped the second start, after the race had been stopped 3 hours earlier in the crash which eventually led to the death of Ronnie Peterson.

However, I'm asking about the next 3...

In order to move the quiz on I'm going to reveal the answer and open it to the next person with a question:

The last three drivers to win a Grand Prix without leading it were:
1) Alain Prost, who profited from the disqualifications of current F1 fathers Piquet and Rosberg to win at Jacarepagua in 1982.
2) Elio de Angelis, who won the San Marino GP in 1985 after his team-mate Ayrton Senna retired late on, and Alain Prost was disqualified for being underweight.
3) Damon Hill, who won at Spa in 1994 after the Benetton of Micheal Schumacher was found to have an illegal skidblock.

The 'R' that links these three is Renault. All three had Renault engines in the back of their cars [Renault, Lotus-Renault & Williams-Renault].

Next poster can ask the question ;)

Back
Top Bottom