Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone attempted to qualify for a single World Championship event. He was in a Connaught-Alta, one of a fleet of three entered by himself. He finished qualifying 265.2 seconds off the pace, and his two team-mates failed to qualify as well.

He is, however, the most important single person in Grand Prix history. He took charge of Motor Racing Developments in 1972, from Ron Tauranac. He was the team principal for Nelson Piquet's two drivers' titles, but he'd lost interest by the time Brabham missed the deadline to enter the 1988 World Championship.

Into the governance of the sport he went, and he modernised it, and quickly controlled Formula One. He is now the leader of a billion-dollar industry. He is a divisive figure, but he's not done badly for someone who was four minutes off the pace on a Saturday in Monaco.

LOL I still think it's beyond him. Of course he could play it over a loud speaker system at all the races.

Basically he admits he made the payment, not as a bribe but because the German Banker was effectively blackmailing him, threatening to reveal 'false' tax information.

This can go two ways from what I can see:
1. If the tax information was false then what was he afraid of. Nobody would pay 27million to a blackmailer who's information was worthless, therefor it was a bribe. He gets found guilty and is fired.
2. The bankers tax information is correct and Bernie paid the 27 million in blackmail money. He is found innocent, keeps his job. But If this is the case then he would surely have to stand trial for not paying tax to who ever, just as the banker had threatened to reveal.

Last edited:
"Call that a bribe?*

*walks up to judge and slaps big brown envelope on the desk*

"THIS is a bribe!"

(For legal purposes I must point out that I am not suggesting Bernie Ecclestone bribes people. I would never do that. Not me. No. This is merely a humours tittle not referring to anyone)

I think I've found the proof of Bernie.

ab47f643c7918fda58089c7f5129a183.png

Some of you may recognize this as Gödel's ontological proof it is a formal argument for Bernie's existence.

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has avoided a potential £1.2bn tax bill as a result of a secret deal with HMRC.

The deal involved a payment of just £10m, according to legal transcripts obtained by BBC Panorama.

Revenue & Customs spent nine years investigating the Ecclestone family's tax affairs before offering to settle in return for the payment from the family trusts in 2008.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27144637

So - if he was already being investigated by HMRC, how could Gribkowsky possibly have been blackmailing him? Unless, of course, he knew about another of Bernie's shady dealings? :whistle:

The HMRC staff should be lined up and shot given the number of major companies and individuals who get away with tax avoidance and evasion on a mass scale. I really struggling with how Bernie's case stacks up as he's either guilty of bribery or tax evasion so either way he's going to come unstuck.

Back
Top Bottom