BBC Sports Personality Of the Year 2013

I find it difficult to compare across sports. But Murray has put in a hell of a lot of work to beat a very good field to win Wimbledon. Well done to him.

His personality is neither relevant or as dull as portrayed - and Bus Stop Chicane makes an excellent point about recovering from the horror of Dunblane (I imagine Djokovic has a similar story from where he comes from though! Nadal, not so much).

Bit unfair on AP McCoy, I was stunned at his achievement, 4,000 wins and counting having had possible career ending injuries, I think the next best in his field, globally, has ridden around 2,400 winners.

Racing does attract less public notice, but what a battler!

SPOTY on in half an hour. Do you think the BBC knew they were up against the X factor final?
A choice of 2 popularity contests to vote for tonight.

Gotta say the arena looks amazing. Great addition to the Leeds skyline. Couldn't care less about what's going on inside though.

Shame they named it after a bank instead of perhaps a famous Leedsonian. Hate that, cheap sell outs.

Edit: did a quick search and the most famous person from Leeds I could find was Jimmy Savile.
Maybe The First Direct Arena isn't so bad.

Last edited:
I see Christian Horner is there? I suppose he's there to get all the accolades for Red Bull.

I do love Rugby.. And Rugby players, my son in law is an ex Rugby player. he's a big bloke.!
LOL

Can anyone tell me how on a 'live' programme, held in Leeds, and with public voting only open for about 30 minutes; a chap in Florida managed to receive the actual 'trophy' which was presented by a conveniently passing Martina?

Was Mystic Meg a part of the production team? Is the BBC raking in voters' money inappropriately? Or am I just being pedantic?

Having said that, for me it was between Ainslee and Murray - supposing I really cared!

Back
Top Bottom