BBC F1 2012

Have to say I initially thought it was Hamilton's fault, as did Bro in chat (who later apologised) - but on replay you could see what happened. Always best to hold fire until reasonably sure - the BBC removed that headline fairly quickly though

Hmmm, what's the bets that the BBC will dump their remaining live coverage at the end of the year in favor of a sunday night highlight show hence Mr Humphrey moving on to pastures new.

The BBC are cutting back--- they've moved most of their staff to the new centre up north in Salford away from the famous Shepherd Bush- White City building....

I guess Jake must have also been offered better money as well to leave the BBC

I don't see how BBC can sustain this F1 coverage deal of showing half the races despite viewing figures being up this year from last

Lee Mckenzie would be the main host but then they have to get some other pit babe

The BBC never fulfilled their contract with Bernie the earny and I am appalled and ashamed at their treatment of the British viewer as far as I am concerned they can stick their licence fee up their collective arses........

BBC are slowly giving up the F1 package. First they lose half the races, next Jake Humphrey leaves. It won't be long before they don't have any live races at all. Admittedly I've watched all the races on Sky this season so I'm not that bothered (although I'm moving into university which doesn't have Sky/Virgin so I may be hoisting my own petard in that respect)

With Jake going i can see Eddie given the boot now. As the bets are that the BBC would like to trim down the number of people involved in making the F1 programme. Lee Mackenzie is the only option for the Beeb imo, her and DC will front a highlights package probably and Gary Anderson and Ben Edwards behind the scenes. I also think they'll get guest drivers in to help James Allen in the 5live commentary booth, so their not paying to have someone there full time.

To me this news is the slow death of F1 on free to air televisionish live. Sad days for f1 fans in general who can't afford the sky package :(.

Watched the highlights for the first time today, after the house owner moved the telly to stop us trashing it :rolleyes:. Not bad at all, I didn't notice the jumps, and there were no continuity issues.

Back
Top Bottom