BBC F1 2012

Josh
The contract that was signed last year ran through till 2017 (Or at least I think that's what they said) - as such, they should still be covering half of the races live, and all of them with highlights....

Mind, does that mean that one of the races will only get live coverage of the first half?

Also, just because the BBC have a contract doesn't actually mean much!

Thanks mate!

I hope they honor their contract because F1 in the Netherlands is going off to a different broadcaster next year which requires a different sat TV package (probably not what it's called but you know what I mean) which we can't afford :(

Does everyone know that the BBC is reducing its red button service, at present they stream multiple channels via the red button which means that for sport such as snooker and tennis you can chose which match you want to watch, but they are cutting this down to a single channel stream which obviously means that the option of choice will no longer be available.

What has this to do with F1 I hear you ask, well if another sport such as rugby tennis snooker and so on clashes with F1 you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be the free practice sessions that will be dropped and maybe even some of the lower classes of Moto GP...

Is that what they call progress and providing a good service?...

Hopefully. I have freeview so it's only been one red button stream for a long time, so it doesn't affect me too much.

After the hash the BBC made of covering the last motorbike races of the year nothing would surprise me.
It seems that any sport is hoofed off the red button for the slightest reason, motorsport in particular so we can see a photo of a sparrow someone took in their garden or a view of a radio presenter doing a show :yawn:
I wish the BBC would employ some of Red Bull's* staff, they'd sign a contract for highlights & then show the entire race minus one second.
*other teams are equally clever at maximising the advantage within the rules

You have to point the finger at that dare I say cow Barbara Slater for agreeing the deal with BErnie which allowed SKY a piece of the pie

I don;t think BBC will drop F1 because apart from Match of the Day and Wimbledon ( that only happens for 2 weeks) they do not have any blue riband sporting coverage to shout about

Plus it would foolish for them to turn back on it in a non Olympic or World Cup year

As for Jake going, they can move Lee Mackenzie to be presenter not a problem plus she knows her stuff about F1 which helps
I was wondering what is Steve Rider up to these days because he did present F1 and has a passion for the sport before BBC took it back from ITV ?

Steve Rider works for Sky, and I think BBC have done well this year, DC and EJ are much more enjoyable than Lazenby and Hill, Ben Edwards and DC have been a great partnership, so much so that I don't miss Brundle as much!

Anyone else think the Beeb commentators are a little sluggish to pick up on things in races, for instance it must have taken them 20 seconds or so to notice the safety car had been deployed. Can't comment on Sky as I havn't seen their coverage, but while Brundle was on BBC he wasn't that eagle-eyed either.

Come on guys. He got publicly hung drawn and quartered and might find it hard to get another job because some amateurs that didn't do their jobs. Proportionate punishments please! I hate the politics of envy...

Back
Top Bottom