Gaming Batracer is GO!!!

So not content with taking all my practice and warm-up runs off me, the program decided to take me out at the 1st corner

Getting annoyed now with the randomness of it all and how some people never seem to be affected.

Brogan said:
So not content with taking all my practice and warm-up runs off me, the program decided to take me out at the 1st corner

Getting annoyed now with the randomness of it all and how some people never seem to be affected.

It is a bit of a downer having an incident that early in the race - my car was crocked in our coming together and it effectively scuppered my race too. I'm sure the stewards put it down as a racing incident, but it doesn't make either of us feel any better..

I've turned down my agression settings slightly anyway, although I don't think they were that high. I did well with them in the previous race...

(My pitstop mechanics had a nightmare aswell, so I've turned their settings down slightly aswell).

Ye, I know how you feel Brogan, I just lost about 3-4 laps for being "over-enthusiastic" so it took more time to obtain proper data. I was also looking good for second place and maybe a win in my other game and it managed to take me out after a collision fighting for first place. LOL

I wasn't at all happy with that first safety car either - it came within 5 laps of me pitting so I got caught behind a mobile chicane for about 6 laps which cost me any chance of a race win. It is a bit random but the luck will even out over the season.

Sometimes being too passive/conservative can work against you though. I suppose it's kind of like going into a tackle half-hearted in football and you're more likely to get hurt.

I suppose players are supposed to match up the driving style as best as possible to the two characteristics you choose at the start of the game. That's why my driving style is very aggressive.

It just seems at this moment in time that Toro Rosso seem to be having the lion's share of bad luck.

Every practice, qualifying, warm-up and race, at least 1 of us has had a crash or some other major incident.
Other teams however seem to be getting through unscathed.

The game seems to have some fundamental flaws too.
I was on exactly the same set up as my team mate and he had 100% and I apparently had 0% ? :s

I think it says that because you didn't complete any race laps.

Toro Rosso didn't start picking up points and their performance until after Monaco too :D.And perhaps one of you is cursed with the luck of Sebastien Bourdais...

Boyle99 said:
Toro Rosso didn't start picking up points and their performance until after Monaco too :D.And perhaps one of you is cursed with the luck of Sebastien Bourdais...
LOL

And the other one has the driving skills of Takuma Sato

My team mate turned his experimentation slider down and he still crashed on practice and lost 4 laps.
It seems no matter what we do as a team we're destined to crash every session :givemestrength:

Guys, EVERY practice I have lost 4-5 laps due to crashing yet my slider isn't that agressive.

I can't seem to get a good run, therefore in my best voice of Duncan Bannatyne - It's not a viable investment (of my time) therefore, I'M OUT!!

I don't see the point of spending an hour a day of my time to be 'randomnly' crashing.....etc.

Don't panic guys, I've just won my second race in about 40 or so attempts. It's taken me ages to get to grips with it. I would recommend backing your sliders way off and then building them up until you achieve some consistancy.

Just because your not getting the luck at the moment it dons't mean the game is picking on you :snigger:

Just look at the real F1 with Force India for example, No points scored all season. In many ways it's quite realistic because how many times have you watched the coverage of friday practice to see a driver drop it in the gravel trap trying to find a set up. I would argue that it happens to at least one driver in every warm up session in every GP of the season. Then there's things like bad luck on track, Examples this season being DC not getting further than turn one in the last two races of the season or Sebasian Bourdais ramming every car in site in the first 3 or 4 races of the season.

I guess one of the reasons why Batracer is so frustrating is becasue it takes an age between each phase of the game. If they made it so that private games would advance once everyones ready it would perhaps speed up game play and stop people drifting away from games midway through a season.

Oh well, Just a few thoughts.

I finally made it into Q3 only to put in a lap that was 4 seconds of the pace!! Doh !! Another burn from the stern required. I wonder if I will beat my best result of the season so far with a 7th. Tum te tum now where did I put that spanner.........

:D

i find that having a really experienced team mate in other races is helping my, ive learned lots of hints and tricks and im still picking things up :) I have TWO points and a FASTEST LAP in my force india :) not bad considering my team mate has been awol since i joined the flipping race :givemestrength:

Fair points c_a_t but it's still all too random.

I'm on the same setup as my team mate, same tyres, same effort, etc. and he's 2nd on the grid and I'm 12th.
In Q2 he apparently "pushed too hard" yet I didn't and still had a slower time than him and got knocked out.

It makes all the time and effort wasted and hence the frustration.

LOL GM. I'm still enjoying it and I've scored a win in my other game as well in a Honda. I don't know what Jenson Button was griping about to be honest ;). BMW are getting a 1-2 this time though. 1st and 3rd on the grid :D

I'm currently going through a love-hate phase with it....

I love the strategy and setting up, etc. :)
But hate the randomness which means an hours worth of work is wiped out before the 1st corner of a lap :(
I'm going to change my name to David Coulthard ;)

Still, we have a Toro Rosso in P2 and we're currently top of the warm-up timesheet, ahead of those Pesky BMWs and Ferraris so let's see what happens tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom