4. Perez Sauber 1:24.117 + 1.573 90
5. Heidfeld Lotus Renault GP 1:24.735 + 2.191 20
6. di Resta Force India 1:25.039 + 2.495 38
7. Valsecchi Lotus F1 1:25.406 + 2.862 50
8. Buemi Toro Rosso 1:26.004 + 3.460 48
9. Hulkenberg Force India 1:26.030 + 3.486 31
10. Razia Lotus F1 1:26.723 + 4.179 29
11. D'Ambrosio Virgin Racing 1:32.060 + 9.516 57

Sergio's time may now have been deleted.

Yes Sergio's 1:21 was deleted because he cut the chicken. Which of course you are not allowed to do unless the farmer expressly requests that the chicken be cut...

Do we know if Button's fast times were set with or without the bulbous monstrosity attached to his nose? I'm guessing without...
J

This looks quite promising - it appears McLaren have improved. Or am I missing something..?

Oh and by the way, Thank you Snowy for the fantastic updates.

Do we know if Button's fast times were set with or without the bulbous monstrosity attached to his nose? I'm guessing without...
J

First time I have been on the pc today, so I have missed all of testing. What is this bulbous monstrosity you speak of?

1997 Australian GP

1. J Villeneuve (Williams-Renault) 1:29.369
2. H Frentzen (Williams-Renault) 1:31.123
3. M Schumacher (Ferrari) 1:31.472
4. D Coulthard (McLaren-Mercedes) 1:31.531

:whistle:

I think that, even for the time, that was quite outlandish
CTA.webp

I've only included this much because 2005 qualifying was ridiculous and 2006- is a Q1/2/3 thing, but there are usually more than 4 cars within 2 seconds at the opening race - even with a MP4/13 or an F2004.

I do indeed snowy.That if I remember correctly had everyone puzzling
thinking.gif
Thanks for great job as usual.See you tomorrow hopefully

Do the cars have to abide by the Technical Regulations in test sessions or can they run anything they like?
Good question.Within certain limits the teams can run what they like.
They must use an approved crash tested mononocoque and all safety equipment.Engines must of course be homologated units as must gearboxes.
Wings they can use pretty much what they want.But it would be pointless running anything that would not pass scrutineering for an actual race.
I stand to be corrected on this however
biggrin.gif

I seem to recollect viz-flo used during Friday practice early on last season.

On the topic of the McLaren not being particularly quick:
Jenson Button said:
However, I don’t think it would be that bad to be third quickest team at the start of the season as you can do a lot from that position. Considering last few tests, we would be relatively happy if we were third fastest team.

Good question.Within certain limits the teams can run what they like.
They must use an approved crash tested mononocoque and all safety equipment.Engines must of course be homologated units as must gearboxes.
Wings they can use pretty much what they want.But it would be pointless running anything that would not pass scrutineering for an actual race.
I stand to be corrected on this however:D

Interesting question, and something of a grey area I think. All I can find in the sporting and technical regulations are that at all test sessions cars must be fitted with the FIA-approved ECU, and that at any test attended by more than one team the cars must also have the full accident data recorder (ADR) and twin accelerometer system installed. Beyond that... nothing!

The technical regulations explicitly state that compliance with the regulations is mandatory for participation at an Event (their caplitalisation), but does not mention anything about during test sessions. As the two are clearly demarcated in other parts of the regulations this would imply that, other than the electronic data logging, test sessions can be a complete free-for-all. Anyone else spot something that sheds more light?

Since the advent of the energy saving lightbulb and a dearth of 150W lamps nothing comes to hand in my house. It's like living in the dark ages.
blink.gif

I found same lack of clarity Pyrope.My best guess would be that as the test sessions are held under the FIA regulations all aspects regarding safety must be observed.

Back
Top Bottom