Bahrain International Circuit

MCLS

Anti F1 fan
Valued Member
Widespread criticism of the modified section of the Bahrain track has lead to the organizers having the track reverted back to its original form. The circuit was widely criticized as boring after the alterations lead for a dull race this year with little overtaking, particularly when compared to most of this seasons races.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 919228.stm

Please pinch me, something else that makes a whole damn bucketful of sense. Tight-and-twisty tends not to be a popular move (if you've not got houses and streets and the sea in the way) so why the Sheikh wanted to add an unnecessary Hungaroring section when he'd got a reasonably good area in the first place is anybody's guess.

A very good move, I think.

I like the bullshit media spin they put on the story.

Apparently it was only ever going to be extended this year as part of the celebrations and they always intended to revert to the original layout.
Yeah right...

Yeah, they woulda kept it if it was any good, thank god it wasn't. The original configuration is miles better

Brogan said:
Apparently it was only ever going to be extended this year as part of the celebrations and they always intended to revert to the original layout.
Yeah right...

Just to demonstrate:

At the top is the layout of the '60th anniversary' track. And at the bottom is the 1st track. Notice that what now is considered a high-speed track was modified back in 1950 by having many more straights. So to celebrate 60 years since this high-speed cornerless track, they've gone for more corners and lower speed.

Some people need to learn that important lesson: Sometimes, when you're doing something different, you must consider that there is a reason no-one else does it.

Attachments

• F110.jpg
    F110.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom