Autosport International Show at NEC 14th to 17th January

I went to the 2005 Show. It's a great day out for all the family. (well me and the wife anyway)

I'll put some pics in the grandstand.

:thumbsup:

I've just booked to go on Saturday also. Chance to get the kids away form the PS3. I will also be armed with my copy of Autocourse in the hope of getting it signed by Jenson Button, you never know!

Want to set up a CTA tent at a coffee shop Geoff?

FB said:
I've just booked to go on Saturday also. Chance to get the kids away form the PS3. I will also be armed with my copy of Autocourse in the hope of getting it signed by Jenson Button, you never know!

Want to set up a CTA tent at a coffee shop Geoff?

Could be a plan, I'll be there with a Friend from Jersey who will probably dictate all we do as he spends months checking everything about these events - I'll send you my mobile and we can sort out a break at the very least...

I'll post some photos from the show tomorrow but thought I would share one moment. Jenson Button was on stage at the Autosport stand a couple of times during the day and then went down to the crowd to sign autographs. He signed those at the front and then moved round and my son was a couple of people back so missed out. As JB moved on one lady shouted "Jenson, can you sign my picture" to which Jenson replied "you should have got here earlier" and carried on round.

In his defence if he signed autographs for all those who queued up at the F1 Racing stand he'll have his hand in a bucket of ice tonight.

Well, my phone's camera wasn't up to much, but I managed a few fun photos I'll have to sort out - the odd lotus or three...

I arrived at Button's speech a little late, couldn't get near, and could hardly see the short chappie. We were right back amongst the stands in front of the F1 stage - he definitely needed a step ladder!

GeoffP wrote:

and could hardly see the short chappie

I was astonished at how small he was, I remember reading back in the 80's that F1 drivers were becoming like jockeys and it looks like it has come true. At last, a sport for short people!

Fantastic pic of the 72 (72E if I'm not mistaken).

Nice close up of the Mclaren Suspension. Planning on making your own FB?

:D

Back
Top Bottom