Poll Are Lotus going to win a Grand Prix in 2012?

Are Lotus going to win a Grand Prix in 2012?

• Total voters
Competely forgot about Kimi and Spa... the only thing not going for it is that Spa is likely to be cool (and wet no doubt) which doesn't suit the Lotus. I think Lotus will, but only if they have the perfect weekend.

I think Sauber Perez is more likely to win to be honest...

MCLS
Please provide link :DLOL:snigger:to confirm Bahar's departure..Tony Fernandes must be chuckling and the rest of the team at Caterham ...they had the Lotus spirit at heart ... Bahar's cheap shots got him nothing but the bullet

I would like to see Grosjean win because I felt he really was messed around by Flavio in 2009..not to say Piquet Jnr was not.

I have somewhat less sympathy for Nelsinho because his dad was barking and my noises for him to replace Heikki who was going for a hard time in 2007 ...I guess its the sins of the father that his son got a bum deal because Piquet Snr was a complete b:censored:d and his comments about Mansell and Senna was because they were better than him

I doubt he's laughing that much. Bahar was an employee who is no longer there but he won the spoils for Lotus before he departed.

Anyway. I think that there is every chance that Lotus can take a win. They are a great team with great character. I think they are also gaining a reputation as the jokers in the paddock with thier humorous PR stunts, which warms me to them. They are a team that have seen glory and committed sin in the past but they have quickly cleaned up, rebranded, restructured and are looking more and more like contenders with every season.

I want them to win because I think they deserve it and I honestly think they have got it in them to get it done.

Fernandes should be laughing because he has outlasted Bahar and made Bahar look stupid...imagine telling Proton I am sure we will win the case for the Lotus name and lost.... that such an embarassment for a global brand losing to a minnow over it ..it is money down the toilet

Maybe he's not bitter. Revelry in another mans flaws and defeats are the fastest route to unhappiness and he seems a cheery enough chap to me. We're off topic now, though.

I am in two minds (or none, more precisely) on this

On the one hand, Lotus have been there or thereabouts for much of the season so far, and could have won in Bahrain, and some of the teams who have won I would not classify as being as strong as the Lotus, that it would seem to be a strong chance for them to take a win, as some have said, Kimi at Spa would be a good bet.

That said, this is the part of the season where some teams start to stretch their legs, and the understanding of the cars, conditions and tyres etc gets stronger, and the field will spread, so the chance to spring a surprise is reduced. Can Lotus keep up with the pace? I am not sure, they were not really able to last year, so who knows.

On balance though, and the fact that a friend works for them, I am going to say that they can, and will.

problem with Renault now Lotus is the resources they do not have the depth of resources as Mclaren

SO if they were going to win a race it would have been early in the season

Its a bit murky about how the team is financed as well and no one is fully sure what the new owners want

I voted for yes...

Simply because they've shown pace and just need some luck to go their way. Outta the two drivers to get that win, I think Grosjean at the moment seems to be the one thats the must capable of getting it.

what is Kimi's highest grid position this season?

He got 2nd last race but he was really outperformed by Grosjean all weekend

Back
Top Bottom