A great drivers missing bits

As a rule Indy car drivers don't make top F1 drivers, JV was given the top F1 car as was Mario Andretti, JV was given Damon Hill s seat, Andretti was outclassed by Ronnie Petersen, but team orders ensured the wrong result, in the top car dollars count more than skill. JV believing his marketing hype joined BAR which struggled until Jenson came along wiped the floor with him and produced results causing JV to go home.

IMO, total BS about Peterson and Andretti. Peterson could never get the 77 to work and so ran away from Lotus. Mario turned the car into a winner. It was Mario that did all of the development work, including making Chapman put a stiffening collar around the cockpit of the 79, without which the chassis couldn't have withstood the stresses imposed by the downforce the car created. Chapman was always more concerned about "adding lightness" rather than providing adequate strength. And Peterson himself went on record as saying that there was never an instance where the results were effected by team orders.

Last edited:
Don't worry he has

sv.jpg

:whistle:

Last edited:
Sorry? I don't follow?

You post something rubbishing a comment that I never made, I don't recall saying that Newey was god, nor make any reference to Schumacher. At the time the comments were regarding Villeneuve, and Damon hill. I commented that Newey had a hand in the success too. Which I believe he did until he left for mclaren.

I'm not sure what in there would lead you to believe I said Newey is God?

And I don't know what the heck humility has to do with anything

Because your implication is that any driver in a Newey-designed car is the odds-on favorite to become WDC, even if he isn't the most talented.

Your posting was a clear attempt to denigrate JVs talent and, as such, deserved refutation.

As to humility, your resorting to a personal attack on someone simply because you disagree with them speaks for itself.

it was nothing of the sort. you seem to be labouring under a false assumption, and I would recommend you read my posting very carefully again, and the ones before it.

Then, if you want to put incorrect words in my mouth, please feel free.

And my comment was no more or less a personal attack than your initial response.

The Pits

Then do you admit that the WDCs of Mansell and Damon were due at least as much to Newey as was JV's and Vettel's? If so, then I apologize for that assertion.

Last edited:
I still wonder where he would have ended up if not for BAR? Could he have replaced Irvine at Ferrari?

Back
Top Bottom