Grand Prix 2024 Spanish, Austrian, and British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

This weekend see the start of a "triple header" of F1 races, starting at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, in Spain, then on to the Red Bull Ring, for the Austrian Grand Prix on 30th June, and ending at Silverstone, for the British Grand Prix, on the 7th July. This will test the stamina of the team personnel, especially if we have a repeat of the start to the Austrian GP in 1987, where it took the grid three goes to make it past the first corner.

The third restart was nearly two hours after the race was supposed to start. You can imagine nowadays that the TV companies would be briefing their legal team, ready to sue the drivers for interrupting their schedule.

Spain is not usually too exciting, but let's not put the cart before the horse, it may surprise us. And testing was in Bahrain (wasn't it?), so the teams don't have mountains of data to tell them how to set the car up. McLaren have found some pace, and on the right circuit the Ferrari's look quick. Even Mercedes claim to have found some speed in their car, although none are, as yet, quite as fast the the Red Bull in Max Verstappen's hands. Here are the times for the Spanish race (BST), which for some reason F1.com insist on listing in reverse date order :dunno:.

1718788361236.png

Austria has a Sprint race, so only one practice session on Friday

1718788475619.png

There is no Sprint race at Silverstone this year.

1718788541914.png

If, like me, your significant other is not a great sports fan the next few weeks will be punctuated with comments such as "I can't believe your watching Afghanistan versus India" or "do you really need to watch Georgia versus Ukraine?". Need, no. Want, yes.

So sit back, fill a glass with whatever beverage is your choice, and enjoy numerous multi-millionaires getting aggy because they haven't won.

the sprint between Norris & Verstappen were fantastic. until piastri overtook & held norris up. but it was worrying what verstappen changed. it turned that car into a different league. but a few have set ups with race in mind

So you can barely get a Rizla between them in qualifying. They can lean on the tyres more effectively this season. They have a push to pass system. We have the finest drivers in the world.

Should be an amazing race tomorrow with positions changing hands and a massive dice for the lead.

Am I right? Am I ?
Yeah but half that gap is Verstappen to Norris

If they have found the sweet spot Verstappen will disappear

the sprint between Norris & Verstappen were fantastic. until piastri overtook & held norris up. but it was worrying what verstappen changed. it turned that car into a different league. but a few have set ups with race in mind
Piastri was right to have a go at Verstappen but they shpuld have switched back

The fact that Verstappen has found a bit more speed at his teams home GP (where they have always done well), should not be a surprise to anyone.

It will be a one bull race tomorrow.

really hoping norris is looking after his tyres. otherwise this is pretty ominous

Leclerc was very unlucky. perez having a terrible 1st lap, shouldnt have tried to get 3 a brest into the 1st corner & then shoved piastri off

what has happened to aston martin. its as if they no idea how to bring any performance to the car. & dropped from the 2nd best car to 7th maybe 8t best car in 12 months. you cant imagine alonso will be happy to tolerate this for long

Well would you believe it. We finally got our wish and had a battle for the lead and what happens? The pair of them drive like a bunch of ****s.

Verstappen proving that when it's all pip and dandy he drives away in his rocket ship but you put him under one inch of pressure and he reverts to driving like a knob

On top of all that, we have both of them whining away on the radio like my two kids scrapping over who's going to have the last sweet in the box.

Best drivers in the world, my arse.

Oh and Ted ****ing Kravitz, moaning that Hamilton got a five second penalty for as he put it "the heinous crime" of crossing a line. Well Ted you dickhead, there's a reason sport has rules.

Verstappen proving that when it's all pip and dandy he drives away in his rocket ship but you put him under one inch of pressure and he reverts to driving like a knob

Best drivers in the world, my arse.
This has been my presumption that Verstappen 's reputation inflated by his car and his boot licking entourage

That is why the others have to be prepared to get their elbows out against Verstappen

Last edited:
i said while watching when will he learn & my sister went likely never, shes spot on. ive praised max alot in the 6 months, i said in 2021 he would rather crash than be overtaken & he has proven that again. both drivers were sailing close to the wind but with max he knows he cant move under braking like he did & he did it 3 times & it was inevitable as history says they would come to blows.

i said while watching when will he learn & my sister went likely never, shes spot on. ive praised max alot in the 6 months, i said in 2021 he would rather crash than be overtaken & he has proven that again. both drivers were sailing close to the wind but with max he knows he cant move under braking like he did & he did it 3 times & it was inevitable as history says they would come to blows.
I think the British fans will be happy if he gets hospitalised next week now. He invites this danger so he needs to be prepared to accept these consequences

The fact its Austria they were not going to black flag him

Back
Top Bottom