Grand Prix 2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

already at 4th round of the season & back in Europe, if there was ever a positive of the global pandemic, it was the calendar reshuffle with Liberty Media & F1 going to circuits we would never have been to otherwise or was seen to cant afford it Mugello, Turkey, Portimao, Bahrain outer, Nurburgring & this weekends venue Imola, what was only supposed to be 1 off, 2 day weekend what is still the latest race to take place in europe beating jerez by a week. came back onto the calendar for the thrilling wet/dry race in 2021 & then last month it signed a deal to stayed on the calendar until 2025, which any old school circuit with history will have my backing.

but out of the Race track the region that circuit is named after Emilia-Romagna, seems like the hub of Italy. as according to what i was reading it is 1 of the wealthiest & most developed regions in Europe, Bologna, has 1 of Italy's highest quality of life, the home of the oldest university in the world University of Bologna founded in 1088, 8 years before Oxford University. the former Roman Empire capital of Ravenna, 11 UNESCO heritage sites, In 2018, the Lonely Planet guide named Emilia-Romagna as the best place to see in Europe & home of automotive companies such as Lamborghini, Maserati, Pagani, Dallara, Ducati & of course Ferrari

although any chat of imola, it would be remiss of me to not chat about Ratsenberger & senna because tragically they will always be synonymous with this circuit & senna as you run down to turn 2 a weekend that has changed F1 forever, its sad that it took that for F1 to be that safe. or controversy that started between Pironi & Villeneuve, which actually the sprint race will be on the 40th anniversary of that infamous 1982 San Marino GP where the 2 teammates where told to hold station, Multi 2,728 Didier, Multi 2,728 Didier, while in the lead Villenueve made a small error at Piratella. rather than settle in behind Villeneuve, Pironi took the lead ahead of his teammate with 11 laps to go. Gilles thought this was faux war just to give the Tifosi value for money so the overtook each other multiple times, taking what he thought his rightful 1st place on penultimate lap & cruise to victories in successive years having won in 1981. However, on the final lap relationship would be broken irreparably, as Pironi got a run & passed him into Tosa. crossing the line just inches in front of Villeneuve. who was left furious and felt betrayed, vowing 2 things "this is war" & "I'll never speak to Pironi again in my life." sadly he wouldnt realised how true them the latter would be, as reportedly still driving angry 2 weeks later would tragically have a fatal accident on his final run at zolder after being determined to beat pironi & then 3 months later Pironi would have a fatal accident.

but back to present day our 1st sprint race of the season which could be a 1st as well because it looking quite wet on the friday but dry for saturday & sunday which will be fasinating with parc ferme closing after FP1 so set up could be very interesting, having a wet qualifying & dry sprint race. yes the sprint races are not what we expected but they did lead to 3 of the most dramatic races of the season. also sprint race was built for 2022 not 2021. & what im looking forward to is seeing Leclerc & sainz at Ferrari because not since schumacher era have Ferrari lead both championships having the best car coming into italy especially the real home of Ferrari

temp 1.jpg

temp 2.jpg

temp 3.gif

Last edited:
please elaborate ? If it is , it is a typical corporate Mercedes approach to handle the situation. There is clearly speed when the car is in clean air so they need to figure out how to unlock it
Exactly that, there have been reports of discontent between Lewis and Toto, this message and response seemed too scripted for it to have been spontaneous therefore I think it was Mercs way of telling the world, yes we’re frustrated but we’re united.

Exactly that, there have been reports of discontent between Lewis and Toto, this message and response seemed too scripted for it to have been spontaneous therefore I think it was Mercs way of telling the world, yes we’re frustrated but we’re united.

Seeing how everyone is picking on Lewis for his whingeing compared to Max's effing rants at the moment I am fed up of the death ears and hyprocrites

Unfortunately with Max its either gloating or bleating

for me im not surprised there is tension but as long as it about the car, that can only be productive, as if they were hugging after Hamilton just gone out in Q2 & driving on tyres that he cant get any heat to. you worry where the passion has gone

I caught the highlights last night on C4.

Seldom has the word "highlights" been so misused.
yes 1st 10 laps brilliant the other 53 with lack of DRS for the most. it was biggest advert for DRS racing since abu dhabi 2010

I just did not bother just watched the highlights on Youtube

Interesting to see now is if Perez is allowed to race Verstappen given its only 5pts between them

the fact we got a train down the field does not help I hope this aint going to be Barcelona then

for me im not surprised there is tension but as long as it about the car, that can only be productive, as if they were hugging after Hamilton just gone out in Q2 & driving on tyres that he cant get any heat to. you worry where the passion has gone

yes 1st 10 laps brilliant the other 53 with lack of DRS for the most. it was biggest advert for DRS racing since abu dhabi 2010
Were they on different set ups as in high downforce and low downforce configuration?

What is worse for Mercedes is Haas and Alfa look quicker than them as well

i think that active suspension might be coming in on safety grounds

because but id make sure its not permanently but as a temporary solution. as it would be a good stop gap but say this is a problem so youve got you to til the start of next season to solve the issue

This is getting exciting. If we can remove aero but make the cars 3” wider then we can have close racing but they’ll be unpassable on the M1.

I can hardly wait!

I got a whole load of ironing done during the 'highlights'. Very blah compared to the previous ones this season.

Some thoughts:

I don't believe the new regs have made it any easier to pass - I think they are trying to convince us they have. Spain will evidence this.

DRS should be Free Use

Sprint races are pointless and one step closer to WWE

LeClerc/Verstappen will be a good little duel this season.

Carlos Sainz is a number 2 and will realise it and get pissed off before season is out.

George Russell is the new Alain Prost of consistency.

Can Fernando Alonso just go away please?

I got a whole load of ironing done during the 'highlights'. Very blah compared to the previous ones this season.

Some thoughts:

I don't believe the new regs have made it any easier to pass - I think they are trying to convince us they have. Spain will evidence this.

DRS should be Free Use

Sprint races are pointless and one step closer to WWE

LeClerc/Verstappen will be a good little duel this season.

Carlos Sainz is a number 2 and will realise it and get pissed off before season is out.

George Russell is the new Alain Prost of consistency.

Can Fernando Alonso just go away please?
Not looking forward to Spain for sure

Sprint races only highlight who the most likely winner will be in the main race and only serve the front teams unless they make every run on tyres that last 10 laps or less

Sainz just signed 2 more years - its 40 years to the day since Pironi did the infamous double cross at Imola. I was expecting that to happen yesterday

Leclerc vs Verstappen- they use to hate each other I am sure that will be stirred up and everyone is waiting for the imminent crash coming up or the desperation moment

Russell - Mercedes have got a future team leader for sure . It's a matter of getting a good car that can win

Alonso/ Vettel / Hamilton all not on the grid next year? Even Ricciardo is under pressure to be honest

Back
Top Bottom